ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Best tyres and price in the Wiltshire area... (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/32237-best-tyres-and-price-in-the-wiltshire-area.html)

steve_s 28 June 2001 12:51 AM

nothing drastically wrong but if you haven't had it done i'd seriously recommend it car handles far better with it set up properly it cost me £50 but well worth it now I can really push it hard into corners with no suprises. I wont know till tyres wear down a bit if they scrubing still
steve

bigmac 28 June 2001 09:52 AM

the time has come to part with some hard earned sov's for my STi V4.

Anyone out there recommend what tyre to fit (S02's seem popular).

Also anyone know of a good tyre fitter in the Wiltshire area.

13,500 miles off of pzeros - is this good, bad, average? Lots of country lane driving + bit of motorway.

thanks in advance, Mark.

bigmac 28 June 2001 10:05 AM

Also, all four tyres are slightly more worn in the inside than they are on the outside (not by much though).

Is this normal?

regards, Mark.

steve_s 28 June 2001 10:29 AM

thats about the mileage i got off my pzeros but I drive it quite hard. some-one recon'ed they got 25,000 off a set but they couldn't have taken car above 3000rpm, i'm sure. So2's are supposed to dogs dangleys but don't last as long.
Mine wears on inside edge too and had suspension aligned.
steve s

bigmac 28 June 2001 10:39 AM

Steve,

when you had the suspension aligned did they find anything wrong? If so, did this fix the problem?

Cheers, Mark.

bigmac 28 June 2001 02:51 PM

Thanks Steve - I'll book mine in.

Best price(s) so far:

=> Bathwick Tyres (Chippenham) £448.62 all in for S02's.
=> Imperial Tyres (Swindon) £500 all in for S03's.

Mark.

RON 28 June 2001 10:42 PM

Bigmac
I'd seriously recommend you go to Micheldever tyres at Micheldever, 01962 774437, it cost me £50 to get the geometry changed to Prodrive settings, and they are supposed to be the best place around for tyres as-well, it should be worth the trip!
Ron

Zed 29 June 2001 10:03 AM

I;m still on my original set of Pzeros (RB5)
25000 miles later.However thats a fair amount of contintental /motorway miles and no track work.Still 4mm tread left and I rotate wheels.

bigmac 29 June 2001 01:18 PM

Cheers for that number RON. Have made a note of it and may use them in the future.

For now though I've got new tyres (S03's) being fitted on Mon/Tue next week. I know from another thread that these tyres have received a mixed reception, but the price quoted was very good compared to the other tyre choices. We shall see... I'll also ask the gargage to give the cars setup a check.

Car also booked in for service on Thursday. Plan to get them to give it the once over too.

So by Friday it should be running like a dream.

Zed, that's some pretty good mileage your getting out of your rubber! Not too sure why you're getting twice(and then some) more than me. Keep up the good work - I'm sure you must be on track for a World Record!

Cheers, Mark.