ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   favorite route (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/322328-favorite-route.html)

KJD Mk1 25 April 2004 10:12 PM

favorite route

I just came back from monmouth along the old road to chepstow and :D :D :D but favorite though has to be abergavenny to talgarth its the muts nuts :D whats your favorite?

RUFocused 25 April 2004 11:25 PM

Has to be the road from Talybont on Usk to Pontstick it used to be used on the 1000 lanes rally in the 80`s. Best drive after midnight though less traffic then. :)

GarethE 26 April 2004 12:04 AM

Another vote for Crickhowell to Talgarth...fantastic bit of road, I've had some great runs along there.

The old Monmouth to Abergavenny road is quite nice too !

cefski 26 April 2004 01:03 AM

I'm up north, so you lot down south probably won't know these -

Nant Gwynant (Beddgelert to Llanberis Pass)

A5 (Bethesda to Capel Currig)

Evo Triangle (A5, up towards Denbigh, back down to Cerrig y Drudion)

Beaumaris to Pentraeth on Anglesey

Penybontfawr (north of Welshpool) to Bala

loads more...

Kev

nickysplendid 26 April 2004 02:13 PM

don't forget to put your bull bars on the front of your cars guys!
if you are driving on the roads around crickhowell and abergavenny you are bound to meet herds of bikers.

Originally Posted by cefski
I'm up north, so you lot down south probably won't know these -

Nant Gwynant (Beddgelert to Llanberis Pass)

A5 (Bethesda to Capel Currig)

Evo Triangle (A5, up towards Denbigh, back down to Cerrig y Drudion)

Beaumaris to Pentraeth on Anglesey

Penybontfawr (north of Welshpool) to Bala

loads more...

Kev

L55 REP 26 April 2004 06:13 PM

so true nicky i used to drive old double decker buses around abbergaveny and single deckers onto hereford and ive seen sum nasty sights from bikers not staying to there side of the road

have to say i love a blast around wentwood forest up to usk over to little mill then back to cearleon

KJD Mk1 26 April 2004 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by RUFocused
Has to be the road from Talybont on Usk to Pontstick it used to be used on the 1000 lanes rally in the 80`s. Best drive after midnight though less traffic then. :)

:) yes i know the route its a corker , i think there is a name for that road used by the road rally boys ,i did a few road events back in the 80s and used it myself :D
another cracker is llanthony valley up over hay bluff but the mountain roads are tricky no headges to reflect your headlights off ,b###s out stuff :D

richie,7,RA,spec C 26 April 2004 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
:) yes i know the route its a corker , i think there is a name for that road used by the road rally boys ,i did a few road events back in the 80s and used it myself :D
another cracker is llanthony valley up over hay bluff but the mountain roads are tricky no headges to reflect your headlights off ,b###s out stuff :D

my back yard boys .
richie
don't forget the bluepool hill
(sanitorium)

msp1 26 April 2004 10:35 PM

Point and squirt

Found this site some years back now, see how many of the roads you've done.

http://www.pointandsquirt.co.uk/roads-wales.html

Mike

cefski 26 April 2004 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by msp1
Found this site some years back now, see how many of the roads you've done.

http://www.pointandsquirt.co.uk/roads-wales.html

Mike

This is Justin "pointysquirty"s site. Did a drive with him and a few others off the evo forum last Sunday. Some of the roads that I mentioned above were covered.

Kev

Ch!lledBudwei2er 26 April 2004 11:02 PM

Oh baby so many round our area boys!

Always start at bangor and go to:

Llanberis for a short run, back via Caernarfon
To Bewts Y Coed via Pesda, on to Beddgelert and back via Caernarfon
Beddgelert via Llanberis
Evo Triangle
Bala

Oh and my uncle lives in Penal near Mach/Aberdyfi/Talgarth and thats one hell of a run, lucky in a way little bro is off to Aber uni in the summer so Ill be in the good books going to fetch him and taking him back, if only the rents knew :)

cefski 26 April 2004 11:15 PM

Chi!!ed - Still have the ITR ?

Ch!lledBudwei2er 27 April 2004 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by cefski
Ch!lled - Still have the ITR ?

I do indeed, but hard times at the moment thanks to some little sh*t that slashed me two back tyres and wrote off my alloy, so far the bills £300 and cant for the life of me get hold of a black ITR alloy, so having to run on 3 black and one white. Had to cash in Tesco shares and sell the new exhasut to fund it, and looks like Ty Croes track day is slipping from my grasp :(

STI MAN 06 May 2004 01:16 AM

Beat this one then...

A470 -> Brecon -> Builth Wells -> Llandridnod -> Newtown -> Oswestry -> M53 -> Liverpool -> TT course ;)

and the reverse route

Liverpool -> M53 -> Gets lost in the dark somewhere near Betwys-y-Coed -> run out of juice as no Petrol stations are open 24Hrs, READ: Tired Ness can Kill, Take a break -> Put petrol in at 7AM -> Somehow get to Newtown -> Llandridnod -> Builth Wells -> Brecon -> CVC about mid morning.

Urm, perhaps I should forget about the reverse route... :rolleyes::D

TAFF-RA 08 May 2004 12:45 AM

for a quick blip try hafodrynys to bleanavon, a.k.a. "The British" :) .
Crick-talgarth-builth is top banana :D .
Llandridnod-newtown is an absolute pleasure :D :D :D . It has the lot, straights, long sweepers and hairpins, and if you carry on up the 483 you've got SHELL to replenish your thirsty motor, Mucky D to replenish yourself, and last but in no means least TWEEEEEEKS to replenish the red bit on your bank balance! :rolleyes: :D .
lee :)