ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Norris McWhirter has passed away :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/320839-norris-mcwhirter-has-passed-away.html)

Krade 20 April 2004 02:38 PM

Norris McWhirter has passed away :(

http://www.guardianlies.com/Section%...rter%20CBE.gif
Norris McWhirter CBE

Never forget him doing Record breakers with Roy Castle.

Top bloke RIP :(
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...132066,00.html

juan 20 April 2004 02:41 PM

shame

n one 20 April 2004 02:44 PM

He knew some stuff, yeah, remember him from when I as a kid, Record Breakers.

imlach 20 April 2004 02:45 PM

Yes, his twin brother was murdered by the IRA was he not?

Chip 20 April 2004 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by imlach
Yes, his twin brother was murdered by the IRA was he not?

Sure was. His brother Ross was murdered by the IRA in 1975. Remember it being on Blue Peter.

Chip.

supertouring 20 April 2004 05:35 PM

Didn't they do this thing where they could remember any world record at the end of each show?

NACRO 20 April 2004 05:40 PM

read up on that c*nts history- he's an old fascist, I'm glad he's dead, may many more like him go the same way.

M444GY 20 April 2004 06:27 PM

who?

what would scooby do 20 April 2004 06:29 PM

who cares ?

not me !

boxst 20 April 2004 07:07 PM

Hello

Someone normally cares because people who were prominent from their youth are passing away.

It is a constant reminder of ones mortality.

Steve.

J4CKO 20 April 2004 07:54 PM

Toxteth O Grady, USA.

Facist, possibily, to me he was the old avuncular bloke on Record Breakers so its a shame, I cannot now say to the wife 'Shall I call Norris Mc Whirter' having left a huge turd in the bowl for her inspection.

Chip 20 April 2004 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO
read up on that c*nts history- he's an old fascist, I'm glad he's dead, may many more like him go the same way.

Nice one Nacro.

NACRO 20 April 2004 08:09 PM

Are you people aware of the mcwhirter scumbags history as anti-semitic extreme right wingers?
Or do you just think of them as the slightly creepy nonce types that used to do 'Record Breakers'

It's a shame they didn't both die at birth in my book.

Chip 20 April 2004 08:32 PM

So isnt anyone allowed to have a different opinion to you then NACRO. I bloody well hope so after reading some of the ****e you post on here.

Chip

Steve vRS 20 April 2004 08:40 PM

He was a horrible old right winger.

Made Enoch Powel look like Ghandi.

Steve

Dracoro 20 April 2004 08:49 PM

His politics were somewhat dodgy. That aside he had a talent for remembering all those records. As a kid I never knew, or had a reason to, about his political views so my memories will always be of 'that bloke from record breakers'.

Jerome 20 April 2004 08:56 PM

Just curious, but what did he do/say etc that made him a fascist/racist?

A brief google confirms him to be anti EU (Freedom Party), but nothing that labels him a racist extreme right winger that deserved to die. Again, just curious because his name brings back fond memries of my youth, and I'd be disappointed if he was an unpleasant piece of work.

Leslie 21 April 2004 10:57 AM

Not very generous with your sentiment Nacro are you?

Maybe he was just being pragmatic about what he saw in the future as was Enoch Powell and just does not want to see this country go down the tubes. The present situation is developing such that it might just bear out their predictions.

And don't bother to call me racist or anti semitic because it just is not true.

SiPie 21 April 2004 11:10 AM

Can't comment as I didn't know him personally :rolleyes:

Good to see you are still sitting on the fence re this one NACRO ;)

Boss Hogg 21 April 2004 11:18 AM

If he was that right wing he was probably posting on Scoobynet.....anyone suddenly stopped posting?

Jay m A 21 April 2004 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
If he was that right wing he was probably posting on Scoobynet.....anyone suddenly stopped posting?

PS Lewis is quiet :D

Wasn't aware of his political views: and like others now I can't say to the girlfriend "call Norris McWhirter" after my 10 second fart - I kid you not I still think thats a record to this day :D:D

GaryK 21 April 2004 12:09 PM

as posted, didnt know him personally so dont care, cracks me up why people give a $hit just cos someone is famous, ordinary people die every day.

NACRO 21 April 2004 12:33 PM

"And don't bother to call me racist or anti semitic because it just is not true"

I wouldn't dream of it, I have no reason to, however one has to wonder at the mindset that denies this type of thing before the accusation is even levelled.

"Methinks he doth protesteth too much"

and chip.............."So isnt anyone allowed to have a different opinion to you then NACRO."

Of course they are, doesn't mean their opinion is right though does it? I thought I'd balance the RIP comments with my "rot in hell you old racist c**t" comments. As I said I'm glad he's dead, shame the provos didn't get the pair of them.

TopBanana 21 April 2004 12:39 PM

Only on Scoobynet could an elderly man's passing away turn into a trading of insults

NACRO 21 April 2004 12:41 PM

He wasn't just an "elderly man" as you put it, he was a rabid old right wing scumbag, the world is better off without him. I'd cheerfully spit on his grave.

I suppose if Hitler had died an old man you'd have been mourning him as well?

imlach 21 April 2004 12:46 PM

He wasn't just an "elderly man" as you put it, he was a rabid old right wing scumbag, the world is better off without him. I'd cheerfully spit on his grave.

Err....comparing him to Hitler is a bit much.

Hitler was responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people.
AFAIK, Norris McWhirter wasn't responsible for the death of anyone.

Do you not respect the right of free speech then Nacro? As much as you are entitled to your view, he is entitled to his. Respect should be shown for both.

NACRO 21 April 2004 12:51 PM

obviously the Hitler comparison was stretching an point to make an example, I do indeed respect the right of rabid old racist nazis to spout their hate mantra. Similarly I expect my own hatred of them and celebration of the fact that another one has gone to his grave to be given the same respect.
Rather than the type of lame comments seen here about him being an "elderly man" or "RIP"- more like rot in hell you old b*stard.

GC8 21 April 2004 02:58 PM

Toxteth O'Grady USA: wasnt that the record for the worlds stickiest bogie?

Paulo P 21 April 2004 03:02 PM

ROFLMAO :D:D:D:D

Jay m A 21 April 2004 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
Toxteth O'Grady USA: wasnt that the record for the worlds stickiest bogie?

I thought he also held the record for the most marshmellows stuck up one nostril - talented chap