ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   toon through to the semi's (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/319278-toon-through-to-the-semis.html)

FASTER MIKE!! 14 April 2004 10:05 PM

toon through to the semi's

well newcastle are getting closer to that elusive silverware. quite a good game though they gave away a sloppy penalty:rolleyes: . next its the french:D

toon toon black and white army:D

mike:D

Walwal 15 April 2004 01:26 AM

A good win. But even tho Bernard gave away the penalty, for me it was down to Ambrose in the opposite corner not dealing with the ball when he had the chance.

I've seen him a few times now, but I can't see what Robson see's in him. To think he got rid of Solano, then in the press conference just after was saying how Ambrose was at least as good, beggars belief. He's not half the player Nobby is, nor IMO, never will be. Too lightweight (I know Solano was no Tyson, but he did get stuck in), too afraid, and I've yet to see him beat a man thro skill.

Come back Nobby, we miss you.

However, we're into the semi's (even tho with my mate Ambrose in the team we're playing with 10 men), but Marseille will be a tough tie. That Drogba is a good forward, but with Barthez in goal, you've always got a chance. He's the Ambrose of goalkeepers.

Still think we'll make the final, even with Ambrose in the team, we can win the tie.

Cheers,

Andy.

SJ_Skyline 15 April 2004 10:02 AM

The future is bright, the future is Black and White :D:D:D

Ambrose may be iffy but nowhere near as iffy as Warren Barton was!! ;) anyway - Bring on Butterfingers Barthez :D

grovesy 15 April 2004 01:24 PM

I was there last night cracking game... Have to agree if ambrose had of did his job the ball would not be in our box. I was well impressed with Titus I usually slate him but he had a cracking game

bring on the frogs

richiewong 15 April 2004 03:50 PM

TOON TOON... :D

FASTER MIKE!! 15 April 2004 06:40 PM

have to agree with you grovesy titus played well, in fact so did woody. have to admit ambrose was at fault too. though is'nt bowyer back after suspention is finaly over:rolleyes:

mike:)

grovesy 19 April 2004 02:17 PM

Bowyer can play on Thursday after his 12 match ban

Got me ticket this morning TOON TOON

Alan C 19 April 2004 02:52 PM

Was at the Villa game Sunday, as a Villa fan of course :D

Couldn't believe how badly Newcastle played. Fouling and cheating dross. Can't vlame them for trying for th draw.. but to do it in that way... reminded me of a couple of cheating Turkish sides..

Shame the ref sent O'Brian off, we had 5-6 attempst in the first few minutes with no Newcastle attack at all.. I reckon we'd have won that easily.

Shearer was a whinging cheater too. I couldn't believe that way he climbed all over the defenders and kept getting away away with it... Every time he was beaten he's stare at the lino and throw his dummy out.. constantly..

Bit of a shame for such a good player. Pity he couldn't have shown a little proffessionalism..

Poor show really. You were very lucky to get away with a point.

FASTER MIKE!! 19 April 2004 09:16 PM

lol@alan:D:D:D
ref spoilt the game yes, lines man was cr@p made a lot of poor dissions(sp). as for hendry, cheating little git, yes speed nodded him but his slow reaction was a joke, 5 second delay oow my head:rolleyes: and nod it was, head but.. more like handbags.

mike

micared 20 April 2004 11:12 AM

hendrie obviously hasn't been on the recieving end of a proper head, need's to spend a couple of nights out in the bigg market. howay the lads.

grovesy 20 April 2004 01:13 PM

Alan c were you stuck behind a post mate ??? cos you werent watching the same game as me. Lucky to get a point :rolleyes: hehehehehe you's were lucky we didnt take three off you's.

Hendrie was a little pr!ck all game

Walwal 20 April 2004 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by grovesy
Hendrie was a little pr!ck all game

He's always been a little prick.

Everyone knows he's really a Birmingham City fan. Look when he lost his rag (was it last season) after his own fans were calling him.

Class 1 w@nker.

Andy.

FASTER MIKE!! 22 April 2004 09:52 PM

well another solid preformance and getting closer to the final, dispite the depleted squad. woodgate was tip top:cool: viana had quite a good game, for someone who has'nt played regualy. michael bridges came on and looked sharp, think he will be a handfull with a couple of game under his belt. robert seam to have gone off the boil:( . ambrose got better as the game went on.

mike looking foward to the secon leg:)

micared 22 April 2004 10:00 PM

If it carries on like this, soon I won't be too scared to watch.

grovesy 23 April 2004 09:41 AM

Yeah good performance last night... cracking atmos at the ground when the teams first came on.

Robert had an off game like, but it only takes one bit of magic from him to win the game.

I wasnt impressed with them at all, nothing to fear away from home like and we get 1 and they need 2

TOON TOON