ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cheaper Fuel? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/319234-cheaper-fuel.html)

Chris L 14 April 2004 08:21 PM

Cheaper Fuel?

Saw this on Pistonheads:

Drax Fuel

Sounds like an interesting concept....

Chris

StickyMicky 14 April 2004 08:45 PM

hummmm

im up for it

Chris L 14 April 2004 08:47 PM

No mention of SUL, but I guess if enough people were interested. I think they are going to need the involvement of a few big companies (or one of the big fuel card providers) to make it work though.

Chris

StickyMicky 14 April 2004 08:48 PM

i registerd

Scooby96 14 April 2004 08:53 PM

Good idea, fingers crossed Shell get in on it and its applied to Optimax :D

what would scooby do 14 April 2004 09:01 PM

:( but just how many outlets will there be for drax, probably have to drive miles to find one.. ah well wait and see..

what would scooby do 14 April 2004 09:05 PM

just noticed - they are offering fuel at 0.67p per litre (not £0.67) - makes you wonder doesn't it ;)

Stueyb 14 April 2004 09:46 PM

Looks good, but no good for me with a JDM car :( Also there is mention of SUL (98 RON) at a later date.)

But how exactly does the "tax fiddle" work ?

Olly 14 April 2004 09:49 PM

Diesel and 95RON fine by me. I'm on.

sti555 14 April 2004 10:00 PM

What type of fuel do you offer?

At present we are able to offer standard diesel fuel and standard unleaded fuel (95RON). It may be possible to offer other types of fuel such as higher octane (98RON) in the future but not at this time.

farmer1 14 April 2004 10:07 PM

Just one thing there is no money at all going to our government, don't mean to be synacal but by supporting this system you are pouring a huge amount of money into other countries governments and then our government will need more money from somewhere else. So eventially our government will add it somewhere else, so we will be paying tax in this country and abroad.

Why on earth do you want to give your money abroad.

CrisPDuk 14 April 2004 10:43 PM

Well F1, I for one am fed up of being f**ked over by an arrogant c*nt masquerading as the chancellor, purely because I chose to enjoy driving:mad:

Why the f**k does a scot still get to decide how much tax I pay, when I (albeit through my MP) no longer have a say in what happens in his country. I bet it's not just scottish tax payers coughing up for that catastrophe in Edinburgh:mad:

Corgi 14 April 2004 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Well F1, I for one am fed up of being f**ked over by an arrogant c*nt masquerading as the chancellor, purely because I chose to enjoy driving:mad:

Of course it was all different when the tories where in power.

imlach 14 April 2004 11:58 PM

Classic.
0.67p per litre. That's only 3.04p per gallon, or for a std 11 gallon tank, only 33.44p per tank :)

The two "ex-servicemen" perhaps couldn't find the £ sign on their keyboards when setting up that website.....

Seems a logistical nightmare, and the scheme could be stopped at the drop of a hat by the goverment if it became popular.....still, god loves a tryer.

imlach 15 April 2004 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Why the f**k does a scot still get to decide how much tax I pay, when I (albeit through my MP) no longer have a say in what happens in his country. I bet it's not just scottish tax payers coughing up for that catastrophe in Edinburgh:mad:

The Scottish Parliment currently has no fiscal/legal power over income tax, vat, fuel duty, etc. Therefore, the nationality of the chancellor is irrelevant in this situation.

What he says on fuel duty applies equally to England, Scotland, N.Ireland, and Wales. The Scottish Parliment has no remit to change fuel duty.

So, your argument really holds no water (or petrol) :)