ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Personal Plates (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/318465-personal-plates.html)

DEEDEE 12 April 2004 02:23 PM

Personal Plates

I often look at car No plates and wonder how many Scooby Netters have gone down this path. I have seen a few that look cool, but do not understand why people do it.

billythekid 12 April 2004 02:49 PM

I have one but in the current climate I don’t have it on the car - makes it too easy to identify the car.

Danny B 12 April 2004 02:53 PM

I hate the ones where people squash up a normal reg plate to make it look like a really expensive personalised type.
Classic I saw yesterday was L11CKE with the help of a black screw between the 1's read LUCKE :rolleyes:

Jamo 12 April 2004 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Danny B
I hate the ones where people squash up a normal reg plate to make it look like a really expensive personalised type.
Classic I saw yesterday was L11CKE with the help of a black screw between the 1's read LUCKE :rolleyes:

ive got one on mine
mines j4mo :D

Danny B 12 April 2004 03:18 PM

I rest my case

:D

Jamo 12 April 2004 03:21 PM

haha

to55er

Spoon 12 April 2004 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by j4mou
ive got one on mine
mines j4mo :D

I think not!!

DEEDEE 12 April 2004 04:38 PM

Yes I agree it does make it too easy to identify the car. Also makes it more of a target because it would be easier to find, by would be thief. What about a target for Plod, rearrange a number or letter add a dot, then moan because you got a £40 ticket. Each to their own.

Spoon 12 April 2004 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by DEEDEE
Yes I agree it does make it too easy to identify the car. Also makes it more of a target because it would be easier to find, by would be thief. What about a target for Plod, rearrange a number or letter add a dot, then moan because you got a £40 ticket. Each to their own.

While j4mou is trying to work out his reg I would say a private plate makes it initially more of a "hot" target for theives as it can be spotted in the wrong hands easier also, so it works both ways.

Having ran only private plates on all my cars for 20 years but "real" ones and non of your mickey mouse cráp plates that have flooded the market I can only say I've never had a problem and never actually thought about it.

More often it's those without them that make comments in fact I remember a conversation about 15 years ago with a guy who said he wouldn't own one but as soon as the DVLC released the cheapies he bought one. I enjoyed reminding him.

As you say, each to their own.

Danny B 12 April 2004 05:24 PM

My Wife works at a house where a bloke has "6 E" on his Porsche, took me ages to figure out why he would spend that sort out of dough on that plate, then the wife spoke to him and realised it is meant to read SEXY.