ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Scoobysport lives ????????????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/318314-scoobysport-lives.html)

PeterUK300 11 April 2004 08:02 PM

Scoobysport lives ?????????????

Hi All
Have you seen the scoobysport site.... Whats the story :confused:

Scoobysport

All the best
Pete

Danny B 11 April 2004 08:14 PM

Very ambiguous wording on the who are we?

Who are we?

There are a number of commercial and legal elements that need to be finalised. Please check back here, and we will make an announcement very soon.

Nevetas 11 April 2004 09:50 PM

Interesting???

wacky.banana 11 April 2004 10:12 PM

If this means that Pete has a new venture in the same field then I, for one, am very pleased for him. Apart from his knowledge and enthusiasm this guy i one of the nicest and most helpful around! He deserves spadefuls of good luck.

I hope we can all support him if this is his new direction.

WB

Phil 11 April 2004 10:17 PM

Guess we will have to watch the site for further updates ;)

andypugh2000 11 April 2004 10:22 PM

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.scoobysport.co.uk home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:
Microsoft Support
this was all i found :confused:

BedHog 11 April 2004 10:35 PM

Absolutely no idea, but looks very much to me like someone has bought up his interests and is going to run with the name.

ScoobySport Exhaust System

We were, in a strange way, disappointed to find that the current ScoobySport exhaust system is already a superbly designed and engineered product. There are some very clever design elements which aid the performance and of course the distinctive sound of the ScoobySport system.

We intend to make this available in it's current form as we would be proud to put our name and reputation to it.
Just wonder who it is.

TelBoy 11 April 2004 10:47 PM

Whoever it is, as long as it makes the process of getting a decat car in Essex through the MOT a straightforward one, then i'm all for it!! :D

Bubba po 11 April 2004 10:52 PM

Why do you want your car de-catted, T?

TelBoy 11 April 2004 10:58 PM

It IS decatted Bp!!! Have you driven one that's decatted? Definite increase in power and noticably faster pick-up. Just makes MOT time a bit of a pain and it doesn't ease my conscience with regards the environment....

Bubba po 11 April 2004 11:03 PM

Have you got a scoob as well as the Mini, then? or some other performance vehicle?

TelBoy 11 April 2004 11:07 PM

LOL, yer nutter. The Cooper S is a high days and holidays toy only! I wondered where you were coming from with this!! :D

Bubba po 11 April 2004 11:15 PM

Hey, so many people post on here that don't have scoobs... Some even have diesel estates. :rolleyes:

TelBoy 11 April 2004 11:23 PM

Have no fear, i'm in.....DEEP!! ;)

Bubba po 11 April 2004 11:28 PM

You'll do for me, er... fella lol. :D

StickyMicky 12 April 2004 01:15 AM

Harvey might have bought it :eek: :p

PeterUK300 12 April 2004 08:39 AM

ScoobySport Exhaust System

We were, in a strange way, disappointed to find that the current ScoobySport exhaust system is already a superbly designed and engineered product. There are some very clever design elements which aid the performance and of course the distinctive sound of the ScoobySport system.

We intend to make this available in it's current form as we would be proud to put our name and reputation to it.

Originally Posted by BedHog
Absolutely no idea, but looks very much to me like someone has bought up his interests and is going to run with the name.

Just wonder who it is.

Did not see that..... My Guess is Pete's back (Scoobysport exhaust is HIS baby). Prob not as a director but I bet his back..... Lets hope so anyway :D:D:D

All the best
Pete

RB5SCOTT 12 April 2004 09:00 AM

So someone thinks the name Scoobysport is worth having then :rolleyes:

GaryCat 12 April 2004 10:49 AM

The quality of Scoobysport's products has raely been questioned. The only area in which the company has failed is in the customer service side.

I think this is a great pity as Pete is a top bloke. I remember chatting to him at a Dono track day where he promised me a ride in his car. Later in the day he went out of his way to find me again and keep his promise.

I'm disappointed that the new webside doesn't hilight customer service as the primary direction in which to restore the name of Scoobysport.

G.

vulnax999 12 April 2004 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUK300
Hi All
Have you seen the scoobysport site.... Whats the story :confused:

Scoobysport

All the best
Pete

Reads like ProDrive bought it, to me!

DavidLewis 12 April 2004 08:21 PM

I'm behind on the times......what happened to Scoobysport/Pete.

Pete C is one of a small handful of people that made my subaru ownership an absolute hoot.

Brun 13 April 2004 08:51 AM

Vulnax999 does have a point there :)

speedking 13 April 2004 09:32 AM

Scoobysport charged my credit card for an exhaust before the goods were dispatched. Then ceased trading. I have not received the exhaust:mad:

Will the new Scoobysport supply my exhaust? Thought not.

IMO the name is tainted.

Gidney&Knowlesy 13 April 2004 09:36 AM

The Official Receivers have confirmed that someone called Simon De Banke has bought "scoobysport" the name.........I recall that name from somewhere....

Contact 01702 602570 if you need verification.....

ChrisB 13 April 2004 09:41 AM

Have you spoken to your CC company then Speedking? If the purchase was over £100, you have an equal claim against the CC company.

scoobynutta555 13 April 2004 10:01 AM

Simon De Banke, scoobynet administrator isnt it.

SDB 13 April 2004 10:30 AM

Hi All

This is true. I'm one of the investors in this new venture which has been on the boil for the last couple of months (although the scoobysport name element is obviously only a recent thing).

They will be announcing the team within the next few days, and I'll give more information as and when I can.

All the best

Simon

Danny B 13 April 2004 10:37 AM

LOL @ Xtreme Scoobies, got a bit worried for a minute there did you? :D

Pumpkin 13 April 2004 11:01 AM

Will the incestuous relationship between Scoobynet and Scoobysport scare of current and potential advertisers who help keep SN free.

ex-webby 13 April 2004 11:12 AM

Hi All

I'm out of the country currently, so won't be able to respond quickly.

I've sent an email to the main people involved to see what kind of information I can give out at this stage, and will post as soon as I can.

Please feel free to take a look at the website and post any questions you have in this thread, and I'll try to answer them short bursts when I can get online.

Pumpkin

ScoobyNet and ScoobySport are completely seperate ventures. I do understand that this element will be difficult to handle, so we'll just have to work hard at it.

All the best

Simon