ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   HKS super dragger (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/317877-hks-super-dragger.html)

Jamie_B 09 April 2004 07:03 PM

HKS super dragger

After cleaning my exhaust I've noticed that its a HKS super dragger, are they any good?

Nathan L 09 April 2004 08:36 PM

Yes ;)

Delboy2 09 April 2004 08:46 PM

I will 2nd that :D

andypugh2000 09 April 2004 09:28 PM

Yes, I was advised by Nito (nitosport) that they are excellent bit of kit, bought one and the power gain was fantastic especially at top end of rev range ;)

RRE 09 April 2004 10:36 PM

Love mine to, paired it with a H&S downpipe and works wonders :-)

Rasmus

Jamie_B 10 April 2004 08:29 AM

I was thinking of getting a Blitz Nur spec but i'll probably keep this one now and just get the cats removed. (Its seems to be quite quiet?)

Thanks,
:)

Bob Rawle 10 April 2004 09:02 AM

There are no cats in the Super Drager mid/back, you would only have a cat if you still have the std downpipe on the car. Drager is the noise legal exhaust.

bob

Jamie_B 10 April 2004 09:39 AM

Thanks bob, I haven't had much chance to have a good look underneath yet, and so didn't realise there isn't a mid section cat there.

It still has the std downpipe and cat, I understand I would see an improvement if I change the down pipe?

pappasmurf 10 April 2004 10:10 AM

If the Dragger is the quietish one is it the Hyper Muffler that's the deep throbbing one that rattles windows within a 250 yard radius? Is it an angled exit?
If so it must be the one i heard on a Classic pulling into a filling station the other week.....whatever it was windows everywhere were shaking.

chrome 10 April 2004 12:37 PM

so the dragger IS the quieter one? and still 3" yeah?

IS there a bung available for the dragger?
Or doesnt it need it?

Was thinking about a hyper (bung in when family is in the car) without bung for when im hooning around..

any more thoughts on it appreciated ;)
Thanks

Jamie_B 10 April 2004 12:43 PM

There's no bung in the dragger, its still sounds good but not too loud.

It still sets off my neighbours car alarm off even when his car is in his garage ;)

Delboy2 10 April 2004 01:01 PM

Loverly deep throbbing burble at low rpm but not over loud. At high rpm sounds absolutely gorgeous but not overly intrusive imho :D

Cheers

Nathan L 10 April 2004 01:22 PM

I have a bung for my HKS Dragger.

May be a Dragger II though.

Mahooooooooooooooooooooooooosive ;)

http://members.aol.com/nathlang/superdrag.jpg

andypugh2000 10 April 2004 01:52 PM

Nathan,

Think you must have the super drager 2 :D

http://www.andypugh.co.uk/zorst.JPG

andy :D

Nathan L 10 April 2004 03:52 PM

Another Mahoooooooooooosive exhaust ;) :D

Quality :D

scoobyboy1 10 April 2004 05:24 PM

Got a HKS superdragger bought it on here, on the for sale section of BEE, when i 1st had it i loved the sound it made when you put your foot down, now ive added a downpipe ive got my windows down all the time, and i dont think ive had the radio on since ive had it fitted 2 weeks ago, made a big diffrence in the sound and bass even when idling. Dont think my neigbours are best pleased.

Mad Hammer 10 April 2004 05:34 PM

Dragger

I have a Dragger and it's got a bung, what's the difference between dragger's 1 & 2 ?

andypugh2000 10 April 2004 05:53 PM

Im not sure what the difference is between them, maybe the drager 1 has no bung and the 2 has is the only difference :confused: also can people stop calling then a dragger its a drager FFS :D

Nathan L 10 April 2004 08:19 PM

Lol

From HKS USA website

The new Drager II series, an evolution of the Original Super Drager, incorporates a new slim-line muffler assembly and utilizes a 120mm Drager tip that allows for an optional silencer insert to be used for additional sound dampening.

brian.c 10 April 2004 08:50 PM

papasmurf
I,ve got a hyper muffler on my wrx and it certainly isn't loud, although its not been de-catted ,expected it to be more impressive,i'd rather have my brothers firestorm or my mates nur spec R

vinc 11 April 2004 10:08 AM

Hi,
what is the sound of the Super Drager like?I`m looking for a soundclip.

chrome 11 April 2004 10:32 AM

likewise...

DJ WATTS 20 April 2004 12:19 PM

me too :(

DJ WATTS 20 April 2004 12:21 PM

FOUND TWO SAMPLES! :D

But not one on the scooby but could anyone confirm whether the sound is similar but with the burble of our good old scooby?

Drager II Exhaust - Silva S15

Drager II Exhaust - Altezza SXE10

Nathan L 20 April 2004 10:20 PM

More similar to the Silva but with MUCH more bass.

No blue smoke either :eek:

Nathan..

chrome 20 April 2004 10:41 PM

any idea what it would sound like using an HKS downpipe???? :D

CustomScoobyIOM 20 April 2004 10:44 PM

Really good ;)

Seriously it will be louder!

DJ WATTS 21 April 2004 04:31 PM

So is this system loud then on a scooby or modistly loud.

Would you say its quiter than the Nur Spec R? As i hope it is as ive hear that that one is a little too loud. Well for me anyhow.

Nathan L 21 April 2004 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by chrome
any idea what it would sound like using an HKS downpipe???? :D

Probably bloody fantastic. I'll have a BRD downpipe on soon so I'll let you know.

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
So is this system loud then on a scooby or modistly loud.
Would you say its quiter than the Nur Spec R? As i hope it is as ive hear that that one is a little too loud. Well for me anyhow.

It is loud but not as loud as the Blitz. I wanted louder than my old Prodrive Exhaust and quieter than the Blitz or Firestorm. HKS is just the right balance.

Nathan..

Fantom 21 April 2004 07:26 PM

Well, I have a full Super Drager system with decat downpipe etc and its not loud at all. Absolutely no flat four burble possibly due to equal length headers but unfortunately the whole lot was put on by the previous owner. However it is definately a full decat and definately a full system but as i say, it is not loud. not compared to what i had before, some weird jap drainpipe that shook the ground.