ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ++ CARPHONE WAREHOUSE COMPLAINTS ++ (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/317631-carphone-warehouse-complaints.html)

Fulham71 08 April 2004 05:39 PM

++ CARPHONE WAREHOUSE COMPLAINTS ++

Does anyone know anybody who works at their head office.
I have a complaint, which I have spent over 2hrs on the phone trying to sort out without success.
I dont want to go into the ins & outs on here but could do with contacting someone in a high position !
Thanks
Paul

2000 sport 08 April 2004 05:45 PM

i work for them mate...

whats up ??

Fulham71 08 April 2004 06:51 PM

thanks mate
Is there anyway to speak to someone who doesnt work in customer care ie someone higher up ?
Cheers
Paul

2000 sport 08 April 2004 06:57 PM

well, yeah there is.. but it depends what the prob is, as in who you need to talk to.. is it an issue with a store, or a sevice provider. .ie o2, voda ??

PM me if you prefer mate.. ;)

NotoriousREV 08 April 2004 07:31 PM

2000 sport, do you work near Birchwood and have a silver car? Sorry to go off topic ;)

2000 sport 09 April 2004 12:48 PM

no matey..

im near mansfield, and have a DBM.. ;)

Brendan Hughes 14 April 2004 10:57 AM

Good luck. I spent AGES trying to sort out my complaint (they held onto my phone for 5 months and kept saying they didn't know where it was, though Nokia had replaced it and sent it back to them within two weeks) with frankly no success. I got a cheque for 100 quid; by the time they'd compensated me for international phone calls to chase it, and loss of airtime, their compensation actually amounted to a grand total of about 4 quid per month for the inconvenience. I asked advice on here, one guy suggested writing to the MD (which I did), it had no effect.

They won't ever get another penny from me.

Spoon 14 April 2004 11:25 AM

Lets hope their TalkTalk home phone plan is better then as I've just gone live today and can now speak to anybody else on the plan for free 24/7.

Anybody on it want a chat?

Anybody?

Somebody?

Chaos?

Dazza01 14 April 2004 06:56 PM

That talk for free with no catches is a con, the advert on the radio states there are no catches what so ever, abd go through a whole lost of stuff, then, guess what right at the end of the ad it says "all you need is a BT line" so like me who's on NTL and many others who are on different providers there is a catch

NO CATCH my ar$e :(

Brun 14 April 2004 07:07 PM

LMAO@Spoon :D

Spoon 14 April 2004 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza01
That talk for free with no catches is a con, the advert on the radio states there are no catches what so ever, abd go through a whole lost of stuff, then, guess what right at the end of the ad it says "all you need is a BT line" so like me who's on NTL and many others who are on different providers there is a catch

NO CATCH my ar$e :(

Hardly a catch is it?

I mean only pikeys are on NTL anyway!!

NotoriousREV 14 April 2004 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon
Hardly a catch is it?

I mean only pikeys are on NTL anyway!!

I'd rather be a pikey than let BT take £15 a month off me for the priviledge of having a phone line ;)

Spoon 14 April 2004 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
I'd rather be a pikey than let BT take £15 a month off me for the priviledge of having a phone line ;)

See Pikeys can't add up either.

It's £10.50.

Mr.Manchester 14 April 2004 08:57 PM

who hasnt got a complaint with carphone warehouse, there pants!

farmer1 15 April 2004 12:25 AM

who hasnt got a complaint with carphone warehouse, there pants!
Me, took my phone back to them after it broke after 15 months I no longer had any insurance warrenty or contract with them. Walked in just to see how much it would cost to get it sent back to the manufacturer within a month I had a brand new replacement off them for free, and they lent me a phone in the mean time.

Not once did they ask me if the phone was with them. Well chuffed at their fcuk up.

Scoobybits 15 April 2004 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Spoon
See Pikeys can't add up either.

It's £10.50.

WHY IS IT SPOON EVERY TIME YOU POST A REPLY ON ANY THREAD YOU GO LOOKING FOR A DEBATE/ROW/SLAGGING MATCH?.......................SAD GEEK

andrewdelvard 15 April 2004 08:35 AM

Bought a Motorola PAYG of them for my partners xmas present. They had a deal so if you didn't like it you could return it after christmas and swap it for another phone.
Well she couldn't get used to the different operating style of the Motorola (it was pants) compared to a Nokia so I took it back for a swap.
Now I'm not a person who gets tense or worried about taking items back to shops. People seem to get worried about this sort of thing but as far as I'm concerned the staff are just doing there job and to be honest couldn't give a toss.
But it was different with Carphone Warehouse.
I was told the phone would have to be 'tested' before being accepted back for return. I poited out that this wasn't stated in the 'xmas promise' literature.
Another member of staff came along and said it had been in a raised voice.
I was suprised because until that point I'd been politeness and light personified. There was no need for it. This told me that the staff where under instructions to strongly dissuade (sp) any return attempts. A crap policy and unfair to the staff of the shop.
Anyway I stood my ground and was given a swap. However not a thank you or goodbye was offered as I left, so they have lost a future customer. Crap company but again, I do feel sorry for the staff.

Spoon 15 April 2004 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by jasemac
WHY IS IT SPOON EVERY TIME YOU POST A REPLY ON ANY THREAD YOU GO LOOKING FOR A DEBATE/ROW/SLAGGING MATCH?.......................SAD GEEK

Jasemac- I carry a sense of humour which others can see but it seems you can't.
I never see the person I'm posting to take it any other way it's meant so I suggest you try and keep up, there's a good lad.

farmer1 15 April 2004 11:49 AM

Spoon I actually thought it was quite funny and didn't see it as a personal attact on somebody more a comment about the recent type of threads/humour we have had this past fourtnight you Chav. :D

Come on guys keep cool.

Spoon 15 April 2004 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by farmer1
Spoon I actually thought it was quite funny and didn't see it as a personal attact on somebody more a comment about the recent type of threads/humour we have had this past fourtnight you Chav. :D

Come on guys keep cool.

Then you can be my lookout because I've heard death by capital letters is painful. :D