ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wedding present ideas! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/317571-wedding-present-ideas.html)

Nikko2 08 April 2004 02:16 PM

Wedding present ideas!

Me and Cino are off to a mates wedding next week. Trying to think of a good wedding present for a group of us to chip in and buy for her and her new hubby. Trouble is all that anyones thought of is a coffee maker and a case of wine.

Anybody got any ideas?

Lee247 08 April 2004 08:18 PM

Depends on how many are 'chipping in'

JFB 08 April 2004 08:36 PM

For that sort of money say £50 ish, I'd say the George Forman (sp) Lean ???? Grilling Machine. Got mine in Comet and it's brilliant. There are bigger more expensive varieties too so one of them should suit your pocket.

Jerome

Lee247 08 April 2004 08:39 PM

Kenwood smoothie maker is excellent, thats about £40. Or what about a DVD player,
not too fancy ones are quite reasonable.

MrsP1Fanatic 08 April 2004 08:43 PM

Has the Bride & Groom not done a wedding list?

This is normally a list a one particular shop so that you know what they want and only one person buys it!

Why not ask them?

If not, I always get something personal!

Hope that helps,
Bex.

douglasb 08 April 2004 08:46 PM

My "standard" wedding present is a barometer. You can be pretty sure that nobody else will have bought one for them . You can also spend pretty much whatever you want from about £50 upwards on one.

At the cheap end, you get them an ornament that nobody else will have thought of. At the top end, you could get them a serious piece of kit (if they are interested in that sort of thing).

Doug

moses 08 April 2004 08:52 PM

how about ann summers handcuffs and the babydoll suit :D

Jer 08 April 2004 08:52 PM

We got a good Barbeque of people at my wifes work. I thought this was a good present.

Buzzer 08 April 2004 09:27 PM

We got a good Barbeque of people

Somehow i dont think the couples names are Satan and Elvira ;)

ChrisB 08 April 2004 09:28 PM

LOL :D

I got a BBQ for a wedding present for somebody earlier in the year - something for them to look forward to now the long nights have arrived :)

Owl28 08 April 2004 09:52 PM

If she turns out anything like my missus, I'd wish someone would have bought us a shotgun!! ;)

Steve.

R.B 08 April 2004 10:02 PM

Book them in a nice resturant its something to look forward to after the arguing i mean honeymoon. :D

Turbohot 08 April 2004 11:01 PM

I just got married and the best gift and the most we admired was the bottles of champagnes from people.We have got everything already so it would have been unnecessory to gift us any household things.
Yes, I do think meal in a restaurent is a cool idea too !
Toasters and coffee makers are boring.

David Lock 08 April 2004 11:14 PM

A nice Bonsai Tree. DL

bluenosewrx 08 April 2004 11:19 PM

Buy them a trackday.that should make it different,good luck.

scoobypreza 09 April 2004 12:59 AM

Are they already living together? They might have a lot of house type stuff already.
I would seriously ask them what they would like, most couples have a list these days.
I like the idea of the bbq... do they have outside space to use it?
If not just give them the money. I know its not very personal but that way they can put it towards something they need.
My friend just got married and they asked for money towards their honeymoon fund.
Cath

Shropshire-Guy 09 April 2004 09:48 AM

Im with Moses on this . Furry handcuffs etc. Or see my post on why do woman argue.

Group buy in winegums or Toffees. lol

Shropshire-Guy 09 April 2004 09:50 AM

www.erozone.co.uk/

Does mail order too. lol