ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   They found my tracker (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/316627-they-found-my-tracker.html)

austen_wrx 05 April 2004 12:34 PM

They found my tracker

I posted a thread about my scoob being nicked last week:mad: , and getting it back due to the tracker. When i went to see the car with the insurance assessor last week we discovered that the theiving scum had actually found the tracker, unbolted it from the car, bodged about with it but left it connected:confused: . I have to assume that they were disturbed while tryting to disconnect it.

My concern now is that when i get the car back, the same little scrotums could come back, break into my car and remove the tracker in seconds now they know where it is. What shall i do, and who should pay for anything (if anything) is done.:confused:

Mr.Manchester 05 April 2004 12:36 PM

get someone to move the tracker to where it cant be found.

Turbo Dave 05 April 2004 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester
get someone to move the tracker to where it cant be found.

I would invest in an alarm that lets hell loose if anyone even goes near it and have the tracker put right under the back seat so the only way to get it is through the boot!!!

I hope the police get hold of the pricks!!!

jjones 05 April 2004 01:24 PM

there are only so many places it can be. maybe the best tactic would be to fit tracker stickers to the car and have no device. that would keep the little ****s busy.

StickyMicky 05 April 2004 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by austen_wrx
My concern now is that when i get the car back, the same little scrotums could come back, break into my car and remove the tracker in seconds now they know where it is. What shall i do, and who should pay for anything (if anything) is done.:confused:

mate they allready knew where it was, hence why they found it

austen_wrx 05 April 2004 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
mate they allready knew where it was, hence why they found it

It was so obvious I reckon a cheese sandwich would have been able to find it!!!:rolleyes:

IN THE STICKS 05 April 2004 03:05 PM

Must be worth a call to tracker , explaining what's happened and that the tracker is now as much use as a cat flap in a submarine ,explain to them that a good friend of yours is a researcher for What car and would love to print your story , and could they move your tracker unit free of charge please :D

Worth a try :D

Dave

austen_wrx 05 April 2004 03:29 PM

I was going to speak to yhe insurance as surely it is in their interest to get it moved, but they would probably turn round and say unless i move it they will not insure me!:(

bluenose172 05 April 2004 03:53 PM

Whats the feasibility of fitting two trackers to the car? They would think they had found the tracker, be chuffed with themselves and drive off. All the time there is a 2nd tracker sitting there feeding back the vital information.

Dunno just a thought.......

IN THE STICKS 05 April 2004 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by bluenose172
Whats the feasibility of fitting two trackers to the car? They would think they had found the tracker, be chuffed with themselves and drive off. All the time there is a 2nd tracker sitting there feeding back the vital information.

Dunno just a thought.......

Sounds a good plan ;) (different makes perhaps?)

tuscan57 05 April 2004 04:24 PM

just another idea! ive got a second unit in the garage from a wiring loom i got would it be worth moving the original and then fit a dummy unit where it was already? so in theory two units but only one subscription!

steve