ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PS2 Online again... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/316022-ps2-online-again.html)

super_si 02 April 2004 08:20 PM

PS2 Online again...

Just curious whos online using it?

So far i understand i need 600k NTL(Got) bidding on NFSU on Ebay + Network adapter. Do i need to subscribe or is it plug and play?

Whats performance like?

Anything else i need or need to know?

Oh and finally, is is Untwisted or twisted cabling i need router to PS2?

Cheers

Si

StickyMicky 03 April 2004 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by super_si
Just curious whos online using it?

So far i understand i need 600k NTL(Got) bidding on NFSU on Ebay + Network adapter. Do i need to subscribe or is it plug and play?

Whats performance like?

Anything else i need or need to know?

Oh and finally, is is Untwisted or twisted cabling i need router to PS2?

Cheers

Si

im useing it, although i havnet used it in a while

you dont need to subscribe, make sure your getting the disc for setting it all up and stuff, you have to register with "central station" which is sonys online setup, unfortuanly its really user-unfriendly IMO
might be better with a keyboard but it took me ages

a small tip
write down your password when you register and your usernames etc etc
the reason being :
when you 1st initialy register you get a temp username and such until your fully registerd, the problem is, that in the full month it takes for sony to sort your acount out you will forget all your details and there not saved on your memory card (as the acount isnt valid yet or sumthing)

i played a lot of NFSU online, but i really wanted the online part for when GT4 is released, might start playing NFSU

StickyMicky 03 April 2004 08:47 AM

also cables, i got a cable with mine in the kit, but all i do is remove the network cat5 cable from my pc and plug it into the ps2, so i cant help there

our bt broadband is deliverd tomy dads pc and windows xp sharing sends the bandwith to mine,no routers involved

i was actualy really suprised when it worked with no messing about!!!
i was expecting loads of port problems or such

StickyMicky 03 April 2004 09:16 AM

just been online, the numbers playing NFSU has dropped loads, but there was still 10 people playing in North america and a few others elsewhere

my central station handle is Sticky Micky
and my NFSU handle is
StickyMicky

unsurprisengly ;)

STi wanna Subaru 03 April 2004 09:20 AM

Xbox live is where it's at ;)

StickyMicky 03 April 2004 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru

no

unreal tournement LAN partys where everybody dresses up in fancey dress, is where its at :p

STi wanna Subaru 03 April 2004 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
no

unreal tournement LAN partys where everybody dresses up in fancey dress, is where its at :p

yeah, and that! :D

super_si 03 April 2004 10:02 AM

yeah sick of PC as some games i dont want to risk going online ;)

Give me a week to complete NFSU then ill race you some time :)

Would you say its safe to get the Kit off Ebay or does it really need to be Unique?
Im getting it setup now intime for GT4 amazon says October. Should be great

Might look into the keyboard
Cheers for all your help

Si

super_si 04 April 2004 06:36 PM

Ebay bugs hit :)

NFSU, Tekken Tag, V Fighter 4 :)

Si

Dream Weaver 05 April 2004 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru

Xbox Live and PS2 onlineis where its at - why choose, just have both ;)

You also need an ethernet modem if you want to connect directly.

Bravo2zero_sps 05 April 2004 12:17 PM

Got both xbox and ps2 online now and the ps2 is crap on line which is the whole reason i bought the xbox so I could play PGR2. Sony are decades behind on the online stuff compared to the xbox and need to resolve this situation if they want to keep in the market. Online play is where its at and Central Station is utter rubbish in comparison. I played PS2 online with a couple of games - midnight club II and SOCOM 1 and 2 but it didnt grab me like the xbox has and I have always been anti xbox! Sony forced me to go the xbox route by being so slack.

Oh and for those gamers who like golf I went into Game yesterday and they had Tiger Woods 2003 for £15 for the xbox :D Couldn't resist, just got to get a few mates round with a few beers on 4 player now to fully appreciate it :D

super_si 05 April 2004 01:29 PM

Might looking into the Xbox then aswell :)

Si