ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Fiskens or Nobles (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/315937-fiskens-or-nobles.html)

RRB 02 April 2004 03:48 PM

Fiskens or Nobles

Just got MY00 and it needs a service very soon, looking for recommendations for Fiskens or Nobles as im in Fife and they are the closest. Looking for customer service and good price since buying the car has almost cleaned me out:/ Car is under extended warranty so i guess i have to have services done at Subaru dealer ??

Regards

Roy

Coulster 02 April 2004 04:08 PM

Hi mate.

Your nearest Dealer is actually Kenneth Melvilles in Errol.
Just off the Dundee Perth Road.
They are approved Subaru dealers and I have just had my MY99 turbo serviced and motd last Friday.
I am in Fife to and my car was under warranty until end of March.
Give them a phone on 01821670242
Very friendly and excellent value for money compared to other close Subaru Dealers.
60,000 servive and MOT done for less than £400.
This was my second service carried out there, and now I'm out of warranty, at those prices I will probably continue having it serviced there.

Excellent place, highly reccomend!

Any questions PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Coulster

sti-04!! 02 April 2004 04:18 PM

I used nobles for my 1000 miles service & was really happy with them

PG 02 April 2004 04:28 PM

just to complicate things.......Fiskens.
And I think you will hear the same from many others.

wee Davie 02 April 2004 07:12 PM

Ive always gone to Fiskens,had no problems from them.

simon higgins 02 April 2004 08:46 PM

nobles ,and its not to bad a run from fife.
Car was in today and 11/10 for service :D :D
Simon higgins

bluenosewrx 03 April 2004 12:11 PM

I always use Nobles after having a nightmare at S & S in Ayr,cannot fault their service.quality ppl.

Rob D 03 April 2004 04:51 PM

I use Fiskins no hassles and good labour rates. :)

p1doc 03 April 2004 08:59 PM

i use fiskens,would not go near melvilles with a bargepole following seious extra mileage added to my car when in for paintwork!!-was told i could get petrol equivalent,never mind who used the car or more importantly why and how hard
martin

Spooks 03 April 2004 09:24 PM

Previous owner of my car used Fiskens and recommended em highly (certainly my car seems OK), used Nobles a couple o times now and cant recomend em highly enough. As a tech myself I was pleasantly surprised at the service I received
Spooks

Scooby Dooby Blue 03 April 2004 11:48 PM

Was back to Fiskins today after a brief break from Impreza-land.
Shona managed to squeeze me in (Saturday morning :eek: ), after calling her yesterday afternoon!
Not only did they do their usual tip-top work, they kept my 3yr old amused as it was raining.

10/10 flawless service, as i've come to expect :D

Paul

PS Throwing the odd compliment Shonas way is known to get you further discount over and above the SIDC 10% ;)

PG 04 April 2004 12:19 AM

you old smoothie Paul !! ;):p

Paul

my94 04 April 2004 03:14 PM

If u live in Fife............why not go to AWD in Perth.I highly recomend them.I"m also fairly sure they'll beat the above mentioned in terms of cost and quality.
http://www.awdmotorsport.co.uk/

Johnny50 04 April 2004 05:00 PM

my94...
You on commision from Grant ?? :D

scoobylav 04 April 2004 05:41 PM

Fiskens :D

RRB 05 April 2004 11:47 AM

Fiskens

Originally Posted by Scooby Dooby Blue
Was back to Fiskins today after a brief break from Impreza-land.
Shona managed to squeeze me in (Saturday morning :eek: ), after calling her yesterday afternoon!
Not only did they do their usual tip-top work, they kept my 3yr old amused as it was raining.

10/10 flawless service, as i've come to expect :D

Paul

PS Throwing the odd compliment Shonas way is known to get you further discount over and above the SIDC 10% ;)

Decided to go with Fiskens, phoned them up and Shona seemed very friendly, called melvilles and very abrupt over the phone. Thanks for the replies

Roy

my94 05 April 2004 03:17 PM

my94...
You on commision from Grant ??

NOT YET :-)/WHAT'S THE GOING RATE? :-)
But I do believe that if u own a scooby they're the place to go(AWD).So if people post a message asking where to go,I"m going to give my opinion.

Johnny50 05 April 2004 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by my94
my94...
You on commision from Grant ??

NOT YET :-)/WHAT'S THE GOING RATE? :-)
But I do believe that if u own a scooby they're the place to go(AWD).So if people post a message asking where to go,I"m going to give my opinion.

:D Been there a few times also. No complaints. :)

p1doc 05 April 2004 07:32 PM

well popped to fiskens today and got my wheels touched up then fred offers me a very good deal on a set of flow formed 18" wheels-lucky my avons are wearing very well or it would have been a costly trip.
i also heard about fred's work for "charity"
martin