ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Anyone been karting to Knockhill? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/315170-anyone-been-karting-to-knockhill.html)

talizman 30 March 2004 10:46 PM

Anyone been karting to Knockhill?

My best man is talking about booking a karting session at KH as part of my stag do, and I was wondering if any of you had been there?

Is it indoor or outdoor?

Any good or bad experiences?

Cheers

west lothian scooby 30 March 2004 11:08 PM

hi talizman,
have been carting at a few places, but never KH. I am pretty sure that they only have an outdoor track there ( a bit dodgy considering the very strange micro-climate that they have at KH) but then again i might be wrong as i havent been up there for a couple of years.

stevie

Civic Type R 30 March 2004 11:21 PM

Raceland @ Tranent - do not waste your money anywhere else IMHO

............or go quad biking @ Glen Devon nr Perth....AMAZIN' day out through real offroad territory :)

Cal

Scottdot 30 March 2004 11:33 PM

I've been karting at Knockhill its outdoor and it was pi**ing down when we done it so that ruined it a bit but still a good day. The wet track made it a bit more interesting.

Scott

my94 31 March 2004 12:27 AM

I agree with Civic Type R,Raceland is always a good blast.They've indoor and outdoor tracks.........so a safe bet whatever the weather.

Johnny50 31 March 2004 07:02 AM

Yep..agree with Raceland everytime. :)

talizman 31 March 2004 07:50 AM

Cheers guys, just had a look at their website.

Any other suggestions for stag activities? (daytime! ;))

Johnny50 31 March 2004 07:57 AM

Talizman...
I'm in the same boat as you matey...trying to get ideas for my stag day/night..
I get married end of May... :eek:

ozzy 31 March 2004 08:08 AM

Knockhill is good. I went there with a group of folk and did about 50 laps over 45mins.

Certainly not as good as the Raceland setup and the karts are nowhere near as fast.

When we all went to Knockhill it was drizzling all day. It was the first time I'd driven a Kart in the wet and it was a fantastic laugh. Much, much more fun than the dry.

Stefan

Johnny50 31 March 2004 08:10 AM

What kind of Karts do they have at KH ?
Everytime i see them out..it's always the wee kiddy ones.

ozzy 31 March 2004 08:14 AM

Have you been to the one in Livingston? Look like standard everyday karts to me at both places. I've only ever driven a kart 3 times, so unless it's got more than one engine I couldn't tell you the difference if one ran over my foot :)

Stefan

Civic Type R 31 March 2004 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by talizman
Cheers guys, just had a look at their website.

Any other suggestions for stag activities? (daytime! ;))

Paintballing is a gid laugh :)

ozzy 31 March 2004 12:23 PM

Yep, paintballing is a riot :D

Karting, Paintballing, Skydiving, Cliff Jumping, Abseiling, Rap Running (abseiling forwards), White Water Rafting, Quad Bikes, Motorcross, Downhill Mountainbiking are a few I'd want to do.

Have a look at the Nae Limits website as they offer Stag Do's where you can do most of the above.

Good if you're an adrenaline junkie like me :)

Stefan

talizman 13 July 2004 10:19 AM

Well, we went to Knockhill and did the karting. :)

It was the day of the Superbikes and as soon as our 150 lap endurance session started, the heavens opened and we got caught in the MOST torrential hailstorm EVER! :eek:
FFS, doesn't our beloved homeland know its bloody July! :D

Anyway, the hailstones made it......Interesting. :D

Traction? Whats that? ;)

After the hailstones stopped, the rain continued, so the whole race was did looking out of the side of the karts as we slid sideways round the track! :D

Brilliant laugh, and we struggled to get to grips with the track as it began to dry out in the last 20 laps or so. We had become so accustomed to sliding everywhere! :D

Everyone agreed that it was much more fun in the pishing rain, and it also became a lot less competitive than if it were in the dry.

The other stag party didn't have the same theory right enough :rolleyes:

You'd think it were an F1 qualifier the way they took it so seriously.

Also, nice to see they took on board the marshalls "warnings" about non-contact :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was a hoot, but I'd like to try indoor next time, to actually see if I'm any good! :D

kart_man 13 July 2004 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by talizman
Anyway, it was a hoot, but I'd like to try indoor next time, to actually see if I'm any good! :D

Here's your chance ....

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...13#post3519413

:)

dome 14 July 2004 07:19 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread but what about Clydebank? What's the Karting like there?

Cheers

Brian

Iain 15 July 2004 02:03 PM

I went to knockhill as part of my mates stag weekend.

They had a paintballing course in the centre of the track, we did that in the morning and then carting in the afternoon.

Great laugh and loads of fun.