ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Attempting to remove parking dent's ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/314901-attempting-to-remove-parking-dents.html)

Jer 30 March 2004 08:17 AM

Attempting to remove parking dent's ?

Has anyone attempted to try and remove parking dent's from their Scooby? I have had my Scooby for nearly four years and it seems to be getting more and more dents in it.
I was thinking about one of the kits with hot glue from Halfords has anyone used them and do they work?
My other idea was to remove the door cards and mock up some sort of tool with thick wire. Looking at the PDR kits you get from Dent master and such they seem to consist of bent screwdriver looking things.
Has anyone done similar, does anyone on here do PDR for a living and could offer some advice?
The last thing I want to do is mess my bodywork up more than it already is. Scooby panels seem to be very thin so surly it can't be too difficult to remove dents if done slowly and carefully.
Should I just pay a few hundred quid and get it done by a pro?

Cheers

Jer

Gutmann pug 30 March 2004 08:21 AM

I had a guy come and do two in mine in about 5 minutes and it cost £50 ....However I thought it was money well spent. If i tried to do it myself I reckon i would have fcuked it up....... May look easy but you dont wanna do trial and error with your pride and joy now do ya?

Wild Mark 30 March 2004 08:22 AM

Pay a pro to get the job done. I had two removed and they were bad, now you could not tell the diff.

Mark

Originally Posted by Jer
Has anyone attempted to try and remove parking dent's from their Scooby? I have had my Scooby for nearly four years and it seems to be getting more and more dents in it.
I was thinking about one of the kits with hot glue from Halfords has anyone used them and do they work?
My other idea was to remove the door cards and mock up some sort of tool with thick wire. Looking at the PDR kits you get from Dent master and such they seem to consist of bent screwdriver looking things.
Has anyone done similar, does anyone on here do PDR for a living and could offer some advice?
The last thing I want to do is mess my bodywork up more than it already is. Scooby panels seem to be very thin so surly it can't be too difficult to remove dents if done slowly and carefully.
Should I just pay a few hundred quid and get it done by a pro?

Cheers

Jer

Flat 4x4 30 March 2004 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Mark
Pay a pro to get the job done. I had two removed and they were bad, now you could not tell the diff.
Mark

I had a go with the Halfords thingy on my last Impreza with tin foil panels. Didn't really work so got the local Dentmaster/devils people out who charged by the panel. This is good if you have 3 or 4 parking dints and one crease on a panel as they straighten the lot.

Nevetas 30 March 2004 07:51 PM

Personaly I would avoid the halfords kit.

If your in the south take it to littleknocks who drive impreza's themselves and did a great job on my STi.

If your not local to them, try dent master, who I have also used.

Steve