ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   If ever there was an excuse for slapping a woman... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/314874-if-ever-there-was-an-excuse-for-slapping-a-woman.html)

D Noble 29 March 2004 10:55 PM

If ever there was an excuse for slapping a woman...

Still cant believe this happened,
i got rid of my scoob 6 months ago in anticipation of getting my new motor, an Merc ML, last week after having it for 5 days, i parked it in Ayr , i popped into a shop for a parking voucher and when i came out i saw a woman who had two huge cardboard boxes on my bonnet, after a few EXCUSE ME'S, i got up to her and said "thats my car what the F*$! do you think you are playing at"."thats my F"£$*& car!!!, she just looked at me and said "do i look like i care" at that she picked up the boxes and went on here way, i imediatly looked at the bonnet and there were scratches where her ring and the underside of the boxes scrapped along it. at that ,mindfull if i touched her i would be in the wrong, i let rip a few choice words "you scratched my car you effin C" at that i got a traffic warden to radio the police station and guess what the were totally uninterested!!
the woman was what i would describe as a smart middle aged woman how could she have the nerve or ignorance to do something like that????

now i have never lifted a hand to or even swore in anger at a woman but after her responce my blood was boiling!

take care when parking in kyle st!!!

rant over

regards
dave

ANDYUK300 29 March 2004 11:11 PM

would have followed her to her car or wherever she was going then got the police to do something.
would put a complaint in writing to the senior copper at the station about how this was handled. don't sit back and take it.
effing b#tch!!!! :mad:

nyquist 30 March 2004 12:14 AM

...you need excuses ?

nah joking aside thats not on... did you not make a complaint about the police, it is criminal damage aint it, at least through neglegence ...?

jasey 30 March 2004 07:59 AM

Time for a citizen's arrest (and for some Citizen's Police brutality) - Yes officer she slipped to the floor as I was trying do do your job for you !

Difficult to say what I would have done facing the same situation - but as a minimum her boxes would have been in the middle of the road as my car was driving over them !

robinH20MRV 30 March 2004 09:20 AM

grrrrrrrr

if it had been me i would have let her tires down! AFTER doing the war dance on her boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selfish cow!

cheers robinh20

SiPie 30 March 2004 11:37 AM

Citizen's arrest without a doubt...where she would later of died in Citizen's custody ;)

Miles 30 March 2004 12:13 PM

That is bang out of order. :mad: Unfortunately, legal options for comeback are somewhat limited. :(

Subarstar 30 March 2004 12:17 PM

If you had thrown the boxes at her, strictly speaking you wouldn't have hit her!

Sorry m8, bad joke! Can't believe the ignorance of some people. She must have been a Troony!

Grant Swan 30 March 2004 12:40 PM

thats woman for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

same thing happen to me just got woosh! my scooby back from bodyshop with lovely w r c style boot spoiler painted ,only to go to A S D A 'S to do a beer shop and on way out same thing person (bird) in car next to me had here bag on my lid o ma spoiler well same s--t got no where very p-----ed of
some people have NO respect. 2 many these days .

moses 30 March 2004 12:43 PM

some of them cows shouldnt be driving

talizman 30 March 2004 04:37 PM

Total nightmare, but like Miles said, there is pretty much nothing that can be done in the circumstances.

A similar thing happened to me when a woman rested a big box against the tailgate of my old MY00, which caused it to dent. Due to the fact that she did not "wilfully" or "recklessly" damage the car, it did not constitute a vandalism. There was no doubt that she DID damage it, but it was not a criminal act, so there was noting the police could do.

The only way to get compensation is in a civil law suit, which obviously costs way more that you stand to gain.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Personally I'd get much more satisfaction out of breakdancing on her car roof! :D

wee Davie 30 March 2004 05:48 PM

You should have followed her home and hit her husband for marying such a stupid c*** lol

sorry to here about the car m8 hope you get it fixed soon

evojkp 30 March 2004 07:18 PM

I think I know who your talking about, does she have two blackeyes?? Oh, hang on that's the other one, that's already been told TWICE!! ;)

Some beechees think they are all that mate. And the Polis are just as bad, to make matters worse stalking is now an offence.....What that all about??!!!

Just keep an eye out for her mate, as you'll have your revenge, I'm sure. :mad:

D Noble 30 March 2004 07:59 PM

thanks for the positive comments guys, as i said i was fully aware that i could not touch her or the boxes, as in the eyes of the law, she did something that done out of ignorance not malice! what really got me anoyed was the laugh just before she said "do i look like i care." i kept an eye out as she went up the steet, and i went into a couple of shops there(if you know ayr there are only a few on this street ) but no one had seen anything(funny as most people came out of the shops due to the volume of my swearing)

most of the scratches will polish out hopefully, as it is a flat rather than mettalic black!

thanks again for the support

dave

allywrx 01 April 2004 12:33 AM

What did she look like?
Im from Ayr and I might accidentally not see my dog jump onto the bonnet of her car for the choccy drop i accidentally dropped there :D

Nah, seriousley tho, that is so frustratingly harsh mate.

Frazer 01 April 2004 11:05 AM

---Follow her home, goto her door and say pay for the damage or you will come out one morning and your car will have 1000's of £'s worth of damage done to it--- I'm sure she wouldn't be laughing then.

I'm impressed at your restraint as I would not let something like that go, if I did I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.