ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Scooby purchase April / May 2005 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/314820-scooby-purchase-april-may-2005-a.html)

Grovit 29 March 2004 08:24 PM

Scooby purchase April / May 2005

Hi folks - not said much on here as a bit of a noobie on the Scooby net, however, some of the guys, Cal, Chasar, Keevster, Norry et al know me through Type R Scotland.

Anyway - recently sold my Accord Type R which was purchased in favour of an Imprezza last May. Cracking car, superb engine and gearbox - loved it to bits, however it's now gone. Due to new baby and house move, I'm currently running around in a MkIII Golf gti which serves as a prem carrier and no more :rolleyes: .

Anyhow - am planning to purchase an Imprezza next April and will have a budget of £6,000 or so. Not much I know, however the car will basically be a weekend play thing for me, and will let me get a taster of AWD before potentially commiting to a more significant Scooby purchase.

After doing a bit of research it looks like, for that kind of money, I'll get a 1993-ish, Import with 60,000 miles with majority history.

I'm not going to ask the question "What should I look out for when buying an Imprezza" 'cos that's just lazy and there's more than enough info for me to look at out there. However - was wondering if any local knowledge (ie West of Scotland) might be of use - ie good source of used Imprezzas / local servicing dealerships etc etc ...... Any hints / tips would be appreciated

Cheers folks :)

Nick_o_Teen 29 March 2004 09:24 PM

Have a look here www.powervehicles.com
just waiting for delivery of my WRX STI RA from the guys at JVS

Civic Type R 30 March 2004 11:19 AM

Dream on Sparky :D ..........put that lub. away & give yer arm a brief respite ;)

Seriously mate - good luck with purchase. I could be hot on your heels if I shed my Vtec addiction. Thinking of getting a Spoon N1 exhaust - it will sound SO sweet @ KH @ 100 mph + :)

Catch ye later dawg

[b]Cal[\b]

Hepy 30 March 2004 11:30 AM

I used to have an Accord Type-R aswell, Grovit. Very nice cars. Now have a P1. Good luck with the Scooby hunting.

john banks 30 March 2004 11:44 AM

If you stretch to £7000 you could get a MY99 UK car which would IMHO be a better option for 90% of people.

An 11 year old WRX may not be at all funny for maintenance bills. A cheap old WRX may just be that. Some of them are nice if looked after though, but it can be a minefield.

Subarstar 30 March 2004 12:11 PM

Howdy Mr Grovit!

On 'ere as well m8. Good plan:D

norry.

Boyakasha 30 March 2004 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Civic Type R
Dream on Sparky :D ..........put that lub. away & give yer arm a brief respite ;)

Seriously mate - good luck with purchase. I could be hot on your heels if I shed my Vtec addiction. Thinking of getting a Spoon N1 exhaust - it will sound SO sweet @ KH @ 100 mph + :)

Catch ye later dawg

[b]Cal[\b]

Cal stop dreaming :P

PS Got the car back last weekend

Kenny_CTR 30 March 2004 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grovit
Hi folks - not said much on here as a bit of a noobie on the Scooby net, however, some of the guys, Cal, Chasar, Keevster, Norry et al know me through Type R Scotland.

Och, who let him in ! :rolleyes:

Hi Chris :p