ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Urgent Bolts needed (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/314564-urgent-bolts-needed.html)

*Sonic* 28 March 2004 10:11 PM

Urgent Bolts needed

Need a few bolts urgently (dealer deosnt stock them, and there is no ETA so they cannot be ordered)

2 long bolts for the top of the Air Con Pump
3 bolts & washers for the narrow air con pipe work
3 bolts & washers for the large air con pipe work

4 bolts for the Air Con Rad Fan
2 bolts and spacers for the Air Con Rad

little bracket the Air Con belt cover attaches too

Cheers

Steve

ozzy 29 March 2004 08:23 AM

If someone can tell you the spec. of these bolts (i.e. thread sizes), can't you then source them from any bolt & fastners supplier?

Stefan

*Sonic* 29 March 2004 09:14 AM

I probably could Stefan

I do already have two of the bolts I need, so I can take those and get some none Subaru ones :)

I just been back to the dealers and I got the 4 bolts for the Rad Fan, and the two long bolts for the Pump, its the bolts & spacers for the rad that I dont know what they look like

The pipework retaining bolts I could probably source now I already have two of those :)

S

bluep 29 March 2004 10:23 PM

might have what you need mate

Alright mate i have just replaced the front end of my type r and have did away with the air con as i have never used it in my old wrx.I have all the old bolts and washers(in a box somewhere)and i will try to hoke them out for you.Only thing is i am from n.ireland and they might be a nightmare for you to get.Without looking at the car though i dont think there is anything special about them i replaced most of the dodgey old bolts with assorted ones from halfords and then touched them up with paint,you cant tell difference.Anyway hope this helps. paul :cool:

*Sonic* 31 March 2004 10:13 AM

Thanks Bluep, the bolts are only small, the ones I need

They are on Back Order from the dealers, with no ETA, so it could be months before they turn up

bluep 31 March 2004 06:09 PM

Was out today at car have found all removed bolts. I will match them with my other wrx (it still has air con) and i will post them to you if you send me your address mate . paul :D

*Sonic* 31 March 2004 10:32 PM

Thanks Bluep

Ive sent you a private message :)

Steve

*Sonic* 03 April 2004 02:06 PM

up

bluep 04 April 2004 08:02 PM

need to keep the pump bracket cause the pump is still on.been away today and at work tomorrow so i will send bolts that i have left (its a stripping job to match them)on tues if that suits.what happened to yours anyway

*Sonic* 09 April 2004 09:46 AM

hi mate,

I bought my air con 2nd hand but it had no bolts tho, I only need the air con rad ones (two of, plus the two spacers), and the 3 large & small pipework bolts & locking washers

Cheers

Steve

*Sonic* 18 April 2004 11:28 AM

UP still need the parts