ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PGR2 - Revival anyone? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/312480-pgr2-revival-anyone.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 22 March 2004 08:39 AM

PGR2 - Revival anyone?

Played this last night for the first time since January as I finally got round to registering my xbox live pack :rolleyes: and even got the Mrs on as a guest :D No one seems to play it anymore from here though (apart from RB5 who I think must live on it from the rating he has :o and is far too good! )

Anyone up for reviving the scoobynet races? Me and the Mrs are crap so need to race other crap gamers :D

RB5-Black 22 March 2004 08:55 AM

I aint cr@p but I'll race :p..... been on hols for a while and haven't raced in a couple of weeks.

Still pushing for all the plat's..... bout 20 to go I think :)

Bravo2zero_sps 22 March 2004 09:08 AM

OK for me to keep the Mrs interested there needs to be some competition for her as last night she was last all the time and started getting bored with it. If she gets bored with it then she wont play and I really dont want that to happen! What I want to do is race against her with slower cars than what she has to give her a chance. Sort of a handicap system while she gets used to it.

ScoobyDoo555 22 March 2004 09:31 AM

I'll be in, but on XBox Connect or X-Link ( can't have Xbox Live ;) )

Dan

RB5-Black 22 March 2004 09:58 AM

I played a game with some people that will help :)

everyone starts in Mini's...... the person who is last in the race moves up a car class. then the last Mini wins. it means she will get a race because of the handicap. we could try that :)

Bravo2zero_sps 22 March 2004 10:02 AM

Yeah that sounds ideal :D Its the first time I got her to play on it - must have been a full moon or something lol but don't want her to stop playing it due to being last all the time.

Twigster 22 March 2004 01:07 PM

I'll try and be there tonight. I am still chasing my next rank (24) and I think I need about another 20k before I am there!

I'll keep my eyes open.

RB5-Black 22 March 2004 01:08 PM

:cool:

Scooby-Doo 22 March 2004 01:11 PM

Ranking up game is good. The best rules I've played is (assuming 8 players) :

All start in Cupra R.
Last 2 rank up a car class.
Winner of the race ranks down (except first race)
Must drive Cupra in compact sports.
Last in Cupra wins.

Bravo2zero_sps 22 March 2004 01:15 PM

Yeah I like the idea of that :) However any chance I can give the mrs a car two ranks up as she has never played it before last night, knows none of the tracks or cars and we are playing split screen so the view is pretty crap compared to single player? as long as she feels she is racing somone i think she will play and that means I can play without being nagged ;) :D

Hanslow 22 March 2004 01:36 PM

I always find cat and mouse fun.

We played with four teams of two, but also played with two teams of four. One person in a Mine, your teammate in the Enzo.

You then race round the Nurburgring and the first mini to cross the finish wins it for their team. The Enzos basically smash the other cars off the track and try and push your own teammate along to get ahead. Interesting driving a mini at around 170-180 mph with an enzo up your tailpipe ;)

Makes for some fun games :) I haven't been on for ages, but might see if I'm allowed on :D

Tag is Hanslow (suprisingly :rolleyes: )

weapon69 22 March 2004 01:50 PM

that means I can play without being nagged
:eek: you reckon? :p

Bravo2zero_sps 22 March 2004 02:00 PM

:eek: been rumbled! Well as a woman driver she will be excellent at the cat part of cat and mouse :D

sPuDdLe 22 March 2004 02:23 PM

sounds like a challenge! im getting xb live on sunday (28th my burfday!) and will be online shortly!

Wizzbang 22 March 2004 06:45 PM

Im starting to play this again after a lengthy spell of other things...Im always up for a race, just give me a shout when your on.

WizzBang

Scooby-Doo 22 March 2004 06:56 PM

How about 8.30 tonight ?

Dream Weaver 22 March 2004 09:43 PM

Still not connected to live, anyone recommend a stand alone modem I could buy?

chrisowe 22 March 2004 10:31 PM

I want to know whats happened to the 'Content Download', will there ever be any ?

After all the game was released nearly 5 months ago !

Bravo2zero_sps 22 March 2004 10:37 PM

Soory only just got in so not able to play tonight but will hopefully be about tomorrow night :)