ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Question for serious ebay users (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/312186-question-for-serious-ebay-users.html)

Buzzer 20 March 2004 08:44 PM

Question for serious ebay users

A chap who has just started to work in our office (came from another office within the same company) uses ebay a lot. So i asked him was he a buyer or a seller.

He said that all he does is buy stuff off ebay and sell the same stuff back on ebay! It turns out that he put £100.00 into an paypal account and bought some stuff. When he recieved it he would re-advertise it and sell it on for a profit. If it didn't reach what he paid for it he would just withdraw it and advertise it again.

His £100 has now reached £560.00 out of 96 purchases and sell's so therefore he's made around £460 out of 48 purchases :eek:

Is this a common thing and is it as simplistic as he makes out. He did tell me that he purchased some software called a sniper which, makes bids for him at the last possible second although i didn't understand fully what this software was and whether it was available on the open market.

Is it really this easy or is he painting a simplistic view of the whole thing

Many thanks

Pete :)

planky 20 March 2004 08:51 PM

www.auctionsniper.com

Buzzer 20 March 2004 08:57 PM

Cheers planky thats superb mate :)

I'm a little pished at the moment so i will try and digest it a bit more when i'm meant to be working on Monday.

Cheers :)

unclebuck 20 March 2004 09:35 PM

Is it really this easy
If you know the value of things, yes. If you're a numptie, no.

UB:)

TopBanana 20 March 2004 10:31 PM

One of my neighbours unknowingly bought a CD-ROM drive from me today :D:D

paulwrxboro 20 March 2004 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
If you know the value of things, yes. If you're a numptie, no.

UB:)

This is dead right i have allways had an eye for a bargain im now a ebay seller a good test is study ebay look at things your intrested in try go to a carboot sale pick up one or two things see if you can make any thing on them

Tentenths 20 March 2004 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by planky

I've tried this one, and several other "sniper" services/software. The one I have found to be by far the best is www.bidslammer.com

Well worth a look.

triple top 20 March 2004 11:18 PM

I've used most of them sniper thingys on ebay and they all do the same thing 5sec bids,i just lookout for the word FREE! :D

paulr 21 March 2004 11:51 AM

It is possible as long as you know the value of stuff,but you need to spend a lot of time looking.

The best deals are from newbie's who dont post pics.
Someone i knew tried to sell a wardrobe and he got no offers even at £300.I showed him how to sell it,added a couple of pics and he got loads of offers and got £650 for it.

Presentation is very important imo.

Defiant STI 21 March 2004 11:57 AM

Just as an example of how easy it is when you know your market.

Over the past 3 weeks I've purchased 6 of a certain item on buy one get one free from a highstreet retailer in this country. I've resold these items on eBay to American's and made a £550 profit from an outlay of £50. I'm working on my next "project" at the moment :D

dba 21 March 2004 01:31 PM

sorry,but why do you use auction sniper? why not just bid as much as you think the item is worth in the first place?

paulr 21 March 2004 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by dba
sorry,but why do you use auction sniper? why not just bid as much as you think the item is worth in the first place?

Agreed.

wideboyuk 11 April 2004 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Defiant STI
Just as an example of how easy it is when you know your market.

Over the past 3 weeks I've purchased 6 of a certain item on buy one get one free from a highstreet retailer in this country. I've resold these items on eBay to American's and made a £550 profit from an outlay of £50. I'm working on my next "project" at the moment :D

Any hints at what these items were / are mate :) ?

fatherpierre 12 April 2004 02:18 AM

So he's made £460 from 96 deals?

At just under £4.80 profit per purchase hardly puts him in the Bill Gates scaring league LOL.

Scooby96 12 April 2004 07:59 AM

Average time spent on each deal 15-30mins - buying item / re-advertising on ebay / posting and packaging etc ???? = not really worth it!

Tiggs 12 April 2004 10:15 AM

as above......he bought 48 things and made a few hundread???? even flippin' burgers he could just do some extra shifts and make more cash!