ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone sleep on a TEMPUR mattress?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/312175-anyone-sleep-on-a-tempur-mattress.html)

Mossman 20 March 2004 08:03 PM

Anyone sleep on a TEMPUR mattress?!

Hello all !

I would appreciate any feedback on TEMPUR pillows and mattresses. Good and bad comments welcome!

Many thanks!

Mossman :)

Mossman 20 March 2004 10:47 PM

Anyone!?

:)

ChristianR 21 March 2004 12:05 AM

I have the tempur pillows they are excellent. We couldn't afford at the time a tempur mattress, so we went for one that we purchased from one of the sky shopping channels. Basically it is a layer of about 3" of the material that sits ontop of your existing mattress. It is very comfy, feels like you are floating (if you know what I mean?) and has solved some back pain I was getting before fitting it.

Boo 21 March 2004 11:11 AM

I have a Tempur pillow which is great although it can get a bit hot in the warmer weather.
Adrian

ProperCharlie 21 March 2004 02:03 PM

have the mattress & pillows. they are the absolute b*llocks in terms if comfort, and i wouldn't go back to a normal mattress now. look about on the 'net abnd you can pick them up at a bit of a discount - i got mine from some place based in nottingham, and they were delivered promptly.

:)

Mark Miwurdz 21 March 2004 04:06 PM

In a word - fantastic.

I'd be tempted to get get it from Tempur even if you do find it cheaper. You'll get a 60 night no obligation trial and you never know, it might not be for you. It took a little time to get used to but Mrs K and I would not sleep on anything else now. Easily worth the 900 odd quid we paid for it.

Tempur say 92% of people keep them after the trial - I'm not surprised.

Cheers
Kav

wrxsmo 21 March 2004 07:03 PM

Just ordered ours after our freinds raved about it :)

We found these people really helpful Back in Action
Also worth noting that because the Tempur mattress has recognised medical benefits if your suffer back pain then you can sign a self cert & possibly avoid paying the vat ;)

workshy_fopp 21 March 2004 07:48 PM

Is this the "memory foam" stuff? Tried one a couple of years ago, but test drives weren't available at the time. My main concern was would it be any use for shagg1ng on - no rebound if you know what I'm saying ;)

Chris L 21 March 2004 07:49 PM

Hmm - looked at the prices of the pillows - not too bad - you can easily pay that for decent pillows in John Lewis. Then looked at the prices of the mattresses :eek: They do look very good, but I guess at that price they need to be.

Chris

ProperCharlie 22 March 2004 08:28 AM

Chris - they are expensive but think how much time you spend lying in bed ;)

i paid £1,100 for the mattress, but if you consider a that decent sprung mattress is gonna cost you at least £800, it doesn't seem so outrageaous. also, in my experience sprung mattresses deteriorate over a few year - this thing still seems like the day i bought it and i can't see why it shouldn't last a lifetime as it has no moving parts, if you see what i mean.