ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Getting my track vids onto PC / DVD (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/311982-getting-my-track-vids-onto-pc-dvd.html)

Edcase 19 March 2004 10:59 PM

Getting my track vids onto PC / DVD

Want to do this this weekend. Have a firewire setup and a sony camera. The standard software is ****e, basically.

Whats best for getting it off the camera, cleaning it up and editing it, and getting it onto DVD / as an mpeg / whatever??

T5NYW 19 March 2004 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Edcase
Want to do this this weekend. Have a firewire setup and a sony camera. The standard software is ****e, basically.

Whats best for getting it off the camera, cleaning it up and editing it, and getting it onto DVD / as an mpeg / whatever??

I had some software about £20 worth but would only create a CVD and very basic but played on my DVD OK ;) but for £60 "Ulead software" looked impressive on the box but never tried it :rolleyes: "you pays yer money"

Tony

snowcrash 20 March 2004 03:06 AM

i typically use MovieMaker 2 then encode in TMPG then author in DVDLAB...

or if you don't want to edit you could just grab the raw avi (with MM2 or DVIO) and convert to MPEG2 (using TMPG) then again use DVDLAB (or even Nero) ..

Edcase 20 March 2004 03:24 PM

gah all these programs :D

Is there not one program that does it all? I heard pinnacle studio was quite good?

Garion 20 March 2004 04:06 PM

Ive tried all of the above but i normally use studio 8.10 which works a treat. Just plug the dv camcorder in the firewire port, capture, scene detect & edit if needed then burn to disc. If you want to do dvd menus & titles i think you need the full version of studio, if not i think they were giving the "light" version away free with packs of blank cdr`s in pcworld.

cheers Andy

Edcase 20 March 2004 04:08 PM

excellent, presumably you mean pinnacle studio??

cheers

Ed

Garion 20 March 2004 04:12 PM

yep pinnacle studio 8, annoying thing is, as soon as i bought it studio 9 came out.

The finished quality from studio is very good, but if you have a long vid to render
it can take a while ( well on my 1.2 gig athlon it does )

cheers andy

Edcase 20 March 2004 04:13 PM

great thanks for that!

snowcrash 20 March 2004 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Edcase
gah all these programs :D

Is there not one program that does it all? I heard pinnacle studio was quite good?

thats why people buy standalone DVD-R machines ..

Iain Young 20 March 2004 09:46 PM

I've used Pinnacle Studio 8 for a while, and have just upgraded to V9. Does eveything you've asked for, plus a lot more besides. Excellent bit of software for the money, and produces much higher quality output than the Ulead products IMHO (I've tried both).

Iain

200+Bhp 20 March 2004 11:59 PM

studio9, quite easy to use and good results too...with very little effort :)

Edcase 21 March 2004 01:13 PM

great, off to pc world then :D

angrynorth 21 March 2004 02:27 PM

If you want you can send it over here. I have a full DVD authoring capability. Can produce you a studio quality disc with all the gubbins :)