ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Reckon they ran out of WR Blue when painting the WR1? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/311915-reckon-they-ran-out-of-wr-blue-when-painting-the-wr1.html)

wrx_sti_my04 19 March 2004 07:20 PM

Reckon they ran out of WR Blue when painting the WR1?

.....don't get me wrong like both colours but bet that was how they found the colour - WR Blue primer!!

Diesel 19 March 2004 07:53 PM

Fiat Punto do the colour too >>vaguely jealous but totally true mode off<< :)

bluto22b 19 March 2004 09:25 PM

Don't be a tit :mad: the colour is terrific. Its a Subaru special edition and thats all that matters. Stop acting like little girls who love the colour of a car and appreciate it for what it is: the best and fastest UK official Impreza to date. The RB5 was grey, I don't remember anyone complaining about that. Anyone who buys a car for its colour must be a faggot.

p1doc 19 March 2004 09:28 PM

i thought i saw a wr1 today but it was a skoda!!!
exact same colour honest
martin

Fangoria 19 March 2004 09:59 PM

Must admit the colour does look fecking awfullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

They could have come up with nicer colour than the WR1............ LOOKS VERY TACKY ****E

AND YES i'M PISKED

zilch 19 March 2004 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fangoria

They could have come up with nicer colour than the WR1............

Speaking to Iain Litchfield, you can get an JDM WR1 equivalent (not sure if that is the Solberg) (DOH !! just saw edcases post :D) in a wider range of colours.. :D ..just the UK market gets the whole choice of 1 imposed on it.

No beef about it, just what i have been informed ;)

Cheers

Jim

Edcase 19 March 2004 10:19 PM

you mean a petter solberg edition? ;)

SPEN555 19 March 2004 10:19 PM

It was WR Blue to start with, then someone pi$$ed in the paint pot :D

BedHog 19 March 2004 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by bluto22b
Don't be a tit :mad: the colour is terrific. Its a Subaru special edition and thats all that matters. Stop acting like little girls who love the colour of a car and appreciate it for what it is: the best and fastest UK official Impreza to date. The RB5 was grey, I don't remember anyone complaining about that. Anyone who buys a car for its colour must be a faggot.

heh, ****, people are allowed their opinions, and generally it seems that although not many people actually dislike it, it does seem a very strange choice. It needed to stand out/be different sure, but it seems a bit diluted, a bit wishy washy. As you say it won't stop the guys with the wad buying one but I'm sure no one would actually pick that colour if there was a choice.

Nathan L 19 March 2004 11:38 PM

The rest of the EU market is getting the same base car. Without PPP, Prodrive wheels, grilles, springs.

That is available in, WRBlue, Solid Red and this Ice Blue.

It's a shame IM didn't ask consumers which they'd prefer.

The red looks awesome in the flesh.

Nathan..

scoobycar60 20 March 2004 12:09 AM

Great car , Daft colour, although probably easier to keep looking clean than some.
Should have been WR Blue IMHO

But hey one could get used to it I suppose.........