ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PANIC !! you've no idea (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/311460-panic-youve-no-idea.html)

MadGrip 18 March 2004 11:58 AM

PANIC !! you've no idea

to cut to the panic part, yesterday after travelling for 4+ hours to Essex from Leeds for a funeral with my other half and her disabled mother (who was sat in the front and needs to pee every hour) we did the funeral part and decided to set off home at about 6pm ish.

So off we goes onto the M25 and for some reason got on it the wrong way. the traffic was mental as 2 junctions were closed. so after an hour sat in traffic facing in the wrong direction the enevitable happened "I need to pee" omg I thought, what now?
"you'll just have to hold it" said my other half

another hour later after moving approx 2 miles "I'm sorry but I'll have to do it here, in the car " :eek:

now my other halves mother has MS so can't walk and is too big for us to lift over the motorway barrier to find a nice tree...

After another half hour or so, I thought I started to smell something..holy sh*t she's started to relieve a bit of the pressure, and we still have 4+ hours to drive in the other direction.

So... sorry to all the people on the M25 last night who were shouting , beeping and flashing their lights at the madman , but I just had to get off the motorway any way possible.

we managed to get to some services and save a major disaster.

We're going back there in May for a wedding, I think I'll hire a car next time just in case

fatherpierre 18 March 2004 12:01 PM

LOL.

Don't take her with you next time.

Vette_76 18 March 2004 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
LOL.

Don't take her with you next time.

Or get some rubber seat covers and carpets!!

Vette_76 18 March 2004 12:08 PM

On a serious note, surely there is some form of "adult nappy" for people in this situation?

Spoon 18 March 2004 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vette_76
On a serious note, surely there is some form of "adult nappy" for people in this situation?

Yes there is and also there is a fánny pot marketed so she could just slip it in her gusset and flow away whilst on the move.

MadGrip 18 March 2004 12:36 PM

Hmm.. nice thought :(

i think maybe I'll either hire a car and she can pee freely all day :) or take the train

ajm 18 March 2004 12:53 PM

Bet you were annoyed you had been stopping every hour once you found out she could hold it for 2.5 hours! ;)

rogp 18 March 2004 12:57 PM

Spoon - nice wording mate ;)

Spoon 18 March 2004 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ajm
Bet you were annoyed you had been stopping every hour once you found out she could hold it for 2.5 hours! ;)

Aha but she introduced the cork after the first hour. :D

MadGrip 18 March 2004 06:30 PM

I think we've decided on the Adult nappy idea for the wedding in May.

wonder if a certain Mr Lewis can recommend somewhere to get them from :)

Phil

Regacy 18 March 2004 07:06 PM

Fantastic plan.
I can't stand getting stuck in traffic on the motorway.
Could I rent your mother in law next time I'm driving round the M25?
A bit of pee on the seat sounds like a small price to pay for license to drive down the hard shoulder like a madman.
What would you charge?

*Sonic* 18 March 2004 07:09 PM

One Word Phil

'Pampers'

MadGrip 18 March 2004 07:56 PM

couldnt drive down the hard shoulder because of all the foreign truck drivers who thought it was a good place to camp for the night.

As you can imagine I was pulling my hair out the little I have) and crapping myself that she was going to "Let Go"( and when my imagination thought it smelled p*ss then it was WOT .

thanks for the advice steve..:) BTW did you get the BlackJax sorted ?

Phil

*Sonic* 18 March 2004 08:09 PM

LOL

Damn, no I completly forgot, been busy working in London, Ill send you a PM

Steve

Spoon 18 March 2004 09:03 PM

http://www.llmedico.com/plastic-pant...mers.small.gif

MadGrip 18 March 2004 09:29 PM

damn Spoon, have you been searching for a pic of those for 8 hours ??

hehe, should've just asked your bird to drop 'er drawers and took a photo :D

Phil

edited to say...where do you buy them from ?

Spoon 18 March 2004 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by MadGrip
damn Spoon, have you been searching for a pic of those for 8 hours ??

No I've had the búggers on for 8 hours though and they've just started to chafe. :D

hehe, should've just asked your bird to drop 'er drawers and took a photo :D

You meam Mrs Commando Spoon? ;)

edited to say...where do you buy them from ?

I didn't they come on prescription. :D

Alan C 18 March 2004 10:00 PM

One of the better posts I've read for quite a while :D

paul-s 19 March 2004 11:27 AM

So humerous. Did you not have a device/pot/bottle she could just ease herself over in the car ? The only other option i suppose was if she perched on the side sill while you stood around and tried not to look dodgy.
The smell of p*ss would stay for so long....i'd demand a free valet from the nice lady.

Oh and you could always try them incontinence pants....or a colostomy bag....

andys 19 March 2004 11:40 AM

possible solution

http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/p...Care+and+Soaps

Spoon 19 March 2004 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by paul-s
Oh and you could always try them incontinence pants....or a colostomy bag....

Where in the original post did it mention she wanted a dump?

SirFozzalot 19 March 2004 11:59 AM

Bet you were annoyed you had been stopping every hour once you found out she could hold it for 2.5 hours!
ROTFLMAO! :D :D

Mr.Cookie 19 March 2004 12:37 PM

Madgrip

Nursing homes use these all the time pop into one local too you and speak to home manager, maybe off to put a few pennies into the staff fund or something :)

Si

fast bloke 19 March 2004 02:55 PM

could you not get a bit of garden hose and a filler funnel? Stick the funnel on good and tight, attach the hose, hang it out the window and hey presto - no piss stops

Alternatively - get a motorhome - you can have a piss, a dump or even a nice cup of tea on the move :D

tmo 19 March 2004 03:08 PM

PMSL :D

"I'm sorry but I'll have to do it here, in the car " :eek:

Classic absolute classic

MadGrip 20 March 2004 10:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestions..:)

I like anys idea

http://www.mgear.com/item_images/products/395063.jpg

after a good sniff of the seat :(, it seems it was my imagination and nothing was leaked

Phil