ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Looking for another job ........ (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/311075-looking-for-another-job.html)

sti-04!! 16 March 2004 09:57 PM

Looking for another job ........

........had enough of a General Manager that aint got a clue how his dealership runs !!!
Anyone know if theres any jobs going with any commercial dealerships in central scotland ??

Long shot i know but only got 4 wks till am without employment as resignation was handed in this morning !!!!!

Thanks

Stephen

wrxmania 16 March 2004 10:22 PM

Sorry to hear that Stephen - what position would you be looking for and we could keep an eye out on here?

Brian.

sti-04!! 16 March 2004 10:29 PM

Anything within a commercial dealership, either sales or service, though service is what i am good at !! (allegedly)
Just got too much brian, that it was affecting me (ie no sleep for the last week)
My director is coming down tomorrow 2 speak to me but unless he offers me a positon elsewhere then i aint going to take it as the GM is a tw@t !!

Thanks

Stephen

wrxmania 16 March 2004 10:35 PM

All the best Stephen,

My brother was assistant manager for Orange (mobile phones) and he got the same - had enough. Then later worked for a major dealer in sales (Clarnold Ark) and was treated like total sh*t - Clarnold Arks's recruitement department were appalled when they got the details nd noted it against the dealers record.

Glad to hear the Scoob is not going yet - at least you had savings to pay for it and it is not financed.

Brian.

sti-04!! 17 March 2004 12:53 PM

well ....... i have got two interviews 2day & one tomorrow so fingers crossed !!!!!

Subarstar 17 March 2004 01:03 PM

Stephen, all the best m8.

I know how it feels to have a boss that is totally clueless! and a to$$er into the bargain!

Damo STi 17 March 2004 06:27 PM

why dont you try safeway and boc gases next time im in fitting tyres on there wagons ill ask for you mate

cheers damian

wrxmania 17 March 2004 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Damo STi
why dont you try safeway and boc gases next time im in fitting tyres on there wagons ill ask for you mate

cheers damian

Hope you got on and get on ok Stephen. Just imagine his face is in your exhaust when you are hitting 7000RPM!!!

sti-04!! 17 March 2004 07:34 PM

Done an offer has been placed 5k more than i was on, a company car (got a choice !) & better hours to suit

yeeeehaa

Stephen

Spooks 17 March 2004 07:55 PM

You need to have a word with our bosses as we could do with a pay rise, better work conditions etc etc etc list is endless.
May need to look around myself...... motor trade is kinda dire for all concerned methinks though.
Glad things have been resolved for you though neebs.
Spooks

THE DEVIANT 17 March 2004 08:29 PM

Hello Stephen, well done on the job offer mate. Are they looking for a partsman as well? Heh heh.

Brian.

wrxmania 17 March 2004 08:34 PM

Congrats,

Glad it worked out for you,

Brian.

Subarstar 18 March 2004 12:40 PM

Well done Stephen:D