ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   decent steak (in stevenage) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/310882-decent-steak-in-stevenage.html)

ProperCharlie 16 March 2004 10:32 AM

decent steak (in stevenage)

why is stevenage such a gastronomic black hole ? huh? anyone know? all i want to do is go out for lunch and have a decent steak, but i fear wherever i go it will be some horrible cooked from frozen abomination. are there *any* chain type restaurants where they serve even half decent meat?

<gets back into box and closes lid>

Herts T555 Bird 16 March 2004 10:38 AM

Try the Billet pub by Pin Green. Its a Hungry Horse pub which normally puts people off, but they do some really nice food, for a decent price and the drinks are pretty cheap too.

But if your looking for the ultimate in steak meals......try Cody's steak house. Its just round the back of the Leisure Park and does the best steak in Stevenage. Not sure if their open lunch times, but if you want a dinner, then i would definetely recommend there!!

ProperCharlie 16 March 2004 10:40 AM

cheers, T555

Herts T555 Bird 16 March 2004 11:08 AM

One other i forgot about was Frankie and Bennys in the Leisure park. They do a great garlic steak, and the nicest cocktails too!! I can never go in there without having at least 5 cosmopolitans!!

ProperCharlie 16 March 2004 11:13 AM

tried f&b's the other day - was a bit unimpressed with the portions; but then i'm a greedy b*stard.

:)

Muffleman 16 March 2004 11:21 AM

Cheers lads, I WASN'T hungry til I read this thread ;)

Bloomin Hank Marvin now tho :(

Matt

Herts T555 Bird 16 March 2004 01:25 PM

tried f&b's the other day - was a bit unimpressed with the portions; but then i'm a greedy b*stard

Dont like to agree, but the size of the steak and the amount of chips they give you there i felt was massive!!! Maybe next time you should order two!! lol

PeteD 16 March 2004 06:50 PM

Frankie and Benny's chips are superb ;)

ProperCharlie 16 March 2004 06:54 PM

i really didn't rate f&b's. been there twice and wasn't very impressed either time. seemed like one step above wetherspoons food.

today ended up having quite a reasonable steak in the marquis of granby.

David Lock 16 March 2004 07:03 PM

Thought you were after garden furniture :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 16 March 2004 07:11 PM

Charlie

I just had to retitle the post :D

ProperCharlie 16 March 2004 08:44 PM

much obliged to you sir

:)

Chip 16 March 2004 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
seemed like one step above wetherspoons food.

Which is crap.

Chip.

wakeboardar 16 March 2004 09:12 PM

Shame lizzies wine bar in the old town is no more they used to do fab food upstairs

DJFish 17 March 2004 02:01 AM

There's a pub out of town I've eaten at, called The Chimneys or The Crowns or something, on the road out of town towards stanstead/Colchester.

Funkii Munkii 17 March 2004 11:07 AM

I first glimpsed this thread yesterday and I swore it said decent "teak" in Stevenage and then I see 14 replies, Feck me they know their woodin Stevenage LOL :D

I then put my gogs on :rolleyes:

Bubba po 17 March 2004 11:19 AM

Lol, I never actually read the thread as previously titled, but at the time I thought I might post a misunderstanding-type message along the lines of steak. :D