ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Colour code for alloys? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/310508-colour-code-for-alloys.html)

scatter_wrx 15 March 2004 10:55 AM

Colour code for alloys?

I'm looking to get one of my alloys repaired on my MY03 wrx (after a meeting with a curb!)

Spoke to Wicked Wheels & they said I need to either:

- Get the colour code for the the alloy from Subaru
or
- Goto a bodyshop & ask them to match the paint up

Anyone on here got the colour code - standard alloys?

Would i be best of starting with the dealer, or try head office? Perhaps it will be a little tricky prizing the information out of Subaru - better for them if i have to splash out on a new wheel!

Otherwise, any recommendations for bodyshops near Reading?

Cheers/sp

scatter_wrx 16 March 2004 10:30 AM

bttt

p1doc 16 March 2004 12:22 PM

you will probably find you will have to get the wheels refurbished £40 a wheel as for the sti alloys there is no touch up possible
martin

AndyMoody 16 March 2004 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
you will probably find you will have to get the wheels refurbished £40 a wheel as for the sti alloys there is no touch up possible
martin

Subaru UK confirmed to me that no touch up paint was available. I was going to get some just in case but they don't do it.

Andy.

Paulo P 16 March 2004 01:51 PM

What colour wheels do you have?

scatter_wrx 16 March 2004 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
What colour wheels do you have?

That's what I'd like to know ;-)

They are the standard MY03 WRX 17" alloys. I would guess at gunmetal grey, (or similar).

I don't need the touch up paint from Subaru, but the colour code so i can get the paint mixed up.

I'll phone up my dealer (!) & see if they can help. Although i half expect them to say that the colour code is only known by a select few & i should just buy a new wheel :-(

T-1000 16 March 2004 06:00 PM

The wheels are gunmetal I had this with mine. The chap who refurbed mine (wicked wheels in west mids) mixed the paint there and then. It took a few attempts to get it right, the damage to mine was only on the rim and so I asked him to only spray the rim. The match was excellent and you could not tell the difference. I think he mixed subaru gold and a standard alloy colour. Very hit and miss but got there in the end. I spoke to my dealer and they said there is no colour code or touch up pen is available. The best bet is to take a centre cap into a automotive paint shop and they should be able to match it. I have since kerbed mine in the snow so Ive got to get them done again. Hopefully the bloke has some paint left.

chrome 16 March 2004 07:14 PM

same with all OE wheels :rolleyes: including the P1 OZ wheels...

what a PITA :(

Paulo P 17 March 2004 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by scatter_wrx
That's what I'd like to know ;-)

They are the standard MY03 WRX 17" alloys. I would guess at gunmetal grey, (or similar).

I don't need the touch up paint from Subaru, but the colour code so i can get the paint mixed up.

I'll phone up my dealer (!) & see if they can help. Although i half expect them to say that the colour code is only known by a select few & i should just buy a new wheel :-(

Have you tried a paint shop? I use one in Wycombe called colour match centre and they are very good and will probably know. Worth a call ;)

scatter_wrx 17 March 2004 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Have you tried a paint shop? I use one in Wycombe called colour match centre and they are very good and will probably know. Worth a call ;)

Thanks for the info. I was going to phone up the dealer (Bulldog, Twyford) to see what bodyshop they use.

I'll try out the Wycombe place.

Paulo P 17 March 2004 10:17 AM

Just go on yell or google and type it in and you should find their phone number.

alistair 18 March 2004 08:48 PM

A decent Autofactors will have the colour charts. On my old STi, the dealers said you couldn't get touch up paint, but 5 mins with the Subaru colour chart and bingo.

£10 and I got a spray can & a little pot of it mixed up.