ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What octane booster to use? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/310473-what-octane-booster-to-use.html)

real_welshboy 15 March 2004 09:08 AM

What octane booster to use?

I have just bought an sti 7 run on strictly optimax or SUL, I understand to gets it full potential I need to use octane booster. What do you recomend value for money wise. I have seen NF octane booster and looks quite good, are the gains they claim actually true. What else is about and waht quantity do I use

TonyBurns 15 March 2004 09:13 AM

Millers is more available, my knocklink proves that higher up the rev range (7k+) i start to get a flickering 2nd green that then goes solid so no problems running it with optimax ;)

Tony:D

Glennage 16 March 2004 11:33 PM

NF all the way Chap but you may have trouble getting it as it seems to be as rare as rocking horse doodoo!

Good luck!

simb 2 17 March 2004 07:50 PM

2nd here for Millers, always used it with no problems.

simb

Spooks 17 March 2004 08:13 PM

Is yours an import? if not I dont think that octane booster is really needed. Curious as to any benifits this would have on a UK car, with exception to knock reduction possibly.
Spooks

16vmarc 17 March 2004 08:16 PM

Ive used Millers before.

harvey 18 March 2004 11:34 AM

If it is a Jap car then you need octane booster unless it has been re-mapped to run without.
I have had best results with N.F. but it has not always been easy to get. I have some here if anybody is stuck.
Consider getting a Knock Link too, so you know when you have det. Jap Innovations or BRD.

real_welshboy 22 March 2004 10:14 PM

so where is the best place to get NF, how much a bottle, and realistically what gains will I get and how many fills a bottle

cactus jim 22 March 2004 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by harvey
If it is a Jap car then you need octane booster unless it has been re-mapped to run without.
I have had best results with N.F. but it has not always been easy to get. I have some here if anybody is stuck.
Consider getting a Knock Link too, so you know when you have det. Jap Innovations or BRD.

]
Hi,

i have been queued up with dingy for ages to get some, can you help me Harvey?

looking for about 10 bottles

dualtech 22 March 2004 11:36 PM

Just brought 10 bottles of Nf race

£13 each or £11 for 10 bottles plus £8 p&p
send e-mail to

richard@pentlandcomponents.com

peccy 23 March 2004 08:59 AM

NF RACE

S.B. 23 March 2004 09:00 AM

NF

Jake 23 March 2004 09:26 AM

Where are people getting NF from??

sillysi 23 March 2004 11:29 AM

Roger Clark Motorsport are now importing and selling NF Race Formula directly to the public. They have got so fed up with the UK supply chain that they have decided to bring it into the country themselves. It is now available for next day delivery at a very reasonable cost.

CraigH 23 March 2004 12:54 PM

How much is it?

sillysi 23 March 2004 03:24 PM

Best to ring up Roger Clark as the price depends on quantity. They have had to fly the NF in so it may be a little bit more expensive than others but it is available off the shelf for next day delivery. Taking this into account the price is still competitive.