ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Should I take my Subaru? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/310261-should-i-take-my-subaru.html)

bluto22b 14 March 2004 11:27 AM

Should I take my Subaru?

I am going to the funeral of an old colleague who used to work for me when I ran a haulage business. A friend of his has offered to put me up for the night (the funeral is in Manchester oop north). A friend of mine in my local says that the place I will be staying could be "slightly rough" in his words. The place is somewhere called Moss side. Will it be safe to leave my WRX on the streets or should I take my van?

NotoriousREV 14 March 2004 11:29 AM

Take the train ;)

16vmarc 14 March 2004 11:31 AM

If you think its rough you shouldnt even be thinking of taking it!!!! :p

Walwal 14 March 2004 11:39 AM

Send a cardboard cut out of yourself, or get a video link.

But seriously, any doubts, take the van, not worth the (potential) risk.

MJW 14 March 2004 11:47 AM

Moss Side ? You should be ok as long as you fit bulletproof glass. Plus a MAC-10 can only hold 30 rounds in the clip, so the odds are in your favour !

donutman 14 March 2004 12:08 PM

do not forget your stab vest m8

Danny Boy 14 March 2004 12:33 PM

MOSS SIDE!!!!!! U must be joking!
Once quoted as being like bosnia but with more guns.
Leave the scooby at home and take the van if you have to, even better take the train or get a lift. It's not as bad as it was round there but i still would not take my car anywhere near it!

Dan.

bluto22b 14 March 2004 03:32 PM

:eek: Can't be that bad surely?
Will definately be taking the van now. I am in two minds about staying the night now as well. :(

BexTait 14 March 2004 03:35 PM

And don't wear red ;)

pslewis 14 March 2004 04:18 PM

My Nephews live there - they are 23, 21 and 19 years old, they could look after it for you? It won't be touched - leave it with them in Roseberry Street.

The word from them is that NO Impreza is touched AT ALL as these are the gang leaders and main drug dealers ..... you do NOT mess with Imprezas!

Chuck a couple of syringes on the back seat, pop an Air Pistol with the butt peeping out the flip-up top and it will NOT be touched!

I have no worries staying there, but then again, I know the locals ;)

Now then? haven't you be REALLY abusive to me in the past????????? Don't go mate!! :)

Pete

dij 14 March 2004 04:47 PM

Sure it might be a bad place,but why worry if youre insured .
Its only a car it can be repaired/replaced.A particular friends funeral only happens once.
At times in life like these you just have to do what you feel in your heart and not be put off by things in your head.Have faith in God and if its gonna happen then its gonna happen.

Then again to be on the safe side you could take the van ............................and bring back a big shipment whilst youre at it.

OllieC 14 March 2004 05:20 PM

I would do this...

Park at the petrol Station beside Hardy's Well (where many years ago I used to work... not that that has any significance) on Oxford Road at the bottom of Rusholme. It's 24 hr and well lit so you'll be fine there... A quick taxi ride for a couple of quid will get you to the heart of Moss-side.

That's what I'd do anyway.

M444GY 14 March 2004 08:08 PM

moss side= no go area for scoobies.............! i hear they are sellin them bullet proof landrovers from northern ireland quite cheap second hand. invest in one of them and then make the trip:)

pearcey555 14 March 2004 08:29 PM

Moss side is fine mate... so long as you pay the Pikey little kids sitting around a tenner to look after your car. Refuse to pay up and you can be sure that there big brother will have the motor away before you can say "speak english boy" !!