ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dealer discounts - how to get them? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/310165-dealer-discounts-how-to-get-them.html)

Blobster 13 March 2004 08:20 PM

Dealer discounts - how to get them?

Okay guys and gals.
I'm interested to know how so many of you seem to be achieving great discounts on your new WRX and STI's.

Is there a best time of the month to make a deal or a best time of year?

So share with Scoobynet your haggling hints and tips, or e-mail me, as I for one desperately need help in this department (I have the haggling skills of a blancmange). :rolleyes:

Would love to trade in the MY99 for an MY04STI. (If I sell a few internal organs first and the kids go without food or clothes for a couple of years). :D

Blobster :D

Blobster 13 March 2004 10:43 PM

Hello?
Anybody there?

ScoobyDoo555 14 March 2004 08:21 AM

Last time I was in the same postion, I upgraded from an MY95 to an MY99. (used)

By timing it for the end of the month, I got a very good deal. But I had to be firm. What's the phrase, ummm "More front than Brighton pier" or something like that! :D

You have to set a limit that you will go to, obviously, this has to be a fair limit, but in YOUR favour :)
Go to the dealer and say it straight - I went in lower, and turned it on the dealer, when he said "Sorry, no", I said "You want the sale, I can go elsewhere, but I don't want to" (give them the bulldink about getting it serviced there etc - big them up in a polite manner)

BUT stick to your ground.

hope this helps :)

Dan

APJ 14 March 2004 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Blobster
Okay guys and gals.
I'm interested to know how so many of you seem to be achieving great discounts on your new WRX and STI's.

Is there a best time of the month to make a deal or a best time of year?

So share with Scoobynet your haggling hints and tips, or e-mail me, as I for one desperately need help in this department (I have the haggling skills of a blancmange). :rolleyes:

Would love to trade in the MY99 for an MY04STI. (If I sell a few internal organs first and the kids go without food or clothes for a couple of years). :D

Blobster :D

Go to yur dealer armed with a copy of What Car (& the target price) and a couple of prints of internet suppliers. New STi is around £23k. Either your dealer will deal (usually best at the end of the month) or not - if he doesnt, buy elsewhere. A few of the car brokers are good - dealer supplied car, with all the haggling already done! (Try Carfile).

Tentenths 14 March 2004 10:34 AM

Other suppliers of genuine, UK dealer sourced cars are:-

www.drivethedeal.co.uk
www.autoebid.com

Even if you'd prefer to buy direct from your local dealer, a print out from these guys will certainly help you in getting a really good deal.

jonm01 14 March 2004 11:52 AM

The brokers have definitely changed things. With imports, the dealer already has a lot of excuses not to get near the price. But when you say you can get a UK car for import prices they can't argue. Got my Clio Cup for broker price from a dealer by doing this.

Fangoria 14 March 2004 11:56 AM

I'm looking to buy a wrx Scoob next week

Autoebid is the cheapest internet broker site I've seen to date..............

I have asked a few dealers for discounts on Scoobs - all have said 'no chance'
so I aint gonna buy direct from them.........