ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Clothes that fit - where? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/309823-clothes-that-fit-where.html)

Butkus 12 March 2004 02:34 PM

Clothes that fit - where?

I have great difficulty buying clothes that fit me well - specifically shirts and jumpers. They have no 'cut' to them. What I mean is that the shoulders fit, but they're too baggy round the waist, and the arms are too baggy. I'm quite tall and slim, so baggy clothes look stupid on me. They make you look sloppy.

I've ended up having to buy expensive stuff like Paul Smith, John Smedley, and Diesel to get the fit. It seems no one else makes clothes that are 'fitted'.

Anyone know of anywhere else I might try?

yoza 12 March 2004 02:42 PM

Buy the cloths you like the look/price of, then have them taylored to your liking.

Easy, buy big, taylor to you.

I have problems with shirts, I have to buy huge ones to fit me in the neck(19.5 ") :eek: and shoulders, but then they look like tents around my waist.

So I buy the shirts I like and my sister in law taylors them to fit.

Butkus 12 March 2004 02:44 PM

Can a tailor take shirts in and make them slimmer? Can they alter the waists of jumpers? If so, sounds good.

marky1 12 March 2004 03:19 PM

try h+m if you don't want to spend much?

yoza 12 March 2004 03:23 PM

High & Mighty is ONE scarey place to shop !

F.....R.........E.........A........K.........

Damn, thats a big bitch.

Butkus 12 March 2004 03:24 PM

try h+m if you don't want to spend much?
Oh, I'm not that tall, only 6'3". I consider myself normal in size and shape, but clothes are too baggy. Probably just have to stick to the expensive end - you get what you pay for I suppose.

Butkus 12 March 2004 03:26 PM

Diesel make 30 waist x 34 leg jeans so I'm fine with those. Shirts and jumpers are the main problem.

Shirts that are wider at the waist than they are at the shoulders - who fits into these things?

POC 12 March 2004 04:08 PM

Im having the same problem mate, will be out over the weekend shopping for some nice fitted shirts for my new job on Monday, I dont mind spending on decent fitting shirts, I just get a little pi55ed off when they wash up like rags!

Any recommendations? Currently got a 30in waist and a 42/44in chest.

Butkus 12 March 2004 04:27 PM

POC,

It sounds like you're after work shirts. I can't really help you on that front as I don't wear formal shirts anymore. The shirts I wear casually are quite formal though, and I have a few Paul Smith ones, and I found that French Connection fit quite well. I was also looking at a Vivienne Westwood shirt the other day which appeared to taper in quite heavily which looked good. the price?..... £165. I hung it back up :)

POC 12 March 2004 04:40 PM

Looking for smart/casual approach, dont want any stuffy city boy shirts, nothing too formal, even I cant take myself that seriously. I will check out FCUK, is it worthing looking the pricey places such as USC/Styleast? Maybe I will go seek ok the smaller independant suppliers.

£165 is pushing it just a bit eh!

Butkus 12 March 2004 04:47 PM

Generally I've been looking in the independent shops, but occasionally I go up to London. End up in Selfridges or Harvey Nicks, but the prices are pretty steep.

French Connection were good and the prices were reasonable - £40-50 for a shirt. Paul Smith shirts more like £80 full price, but I did pick one up in the Selfridges sale for £59.

The other one to try is Reiss. They're high end-ish, but not stupid money, and they seem to be cut quite well.

I was just wondering if there's anywhere else really?

RichWalk 12 March 2004 05:12 PM

Feck me Yoza, 19.5 inch neck!! You related to Mike Tyson??? ;)

J4CKO 12 March 2004 06:00 PM

Yoza, you actually human or a hybrid something or other ?

yoza 13 March 2004 05:15 PM

19.5 inch neck, and a 17inch head, it looks a bit odd.

What was that charracters name in the Beano, Smithy maybe, he always wore a jumper, he had a neck thicker than his head......well thats me. :D

Later Blockhead.