ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   dont you just feel guilty when...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/309431-dont-you-just-feel-guilty-when.html)

CHRIS_D 11 March 2004 09:24 AM

dont you just feel guilty when......

......you're driving along in cruise mode and a scooby driving in the opposite direction waves at you and you dont notice it until the last second, corner of the eye job................and then it's gone and you've failed to return the wave. :rolleyes: :o

The amount of times my missus has told me 'he just waved at you' and im like 'eh.......where, what....doh ??' :confused:

So if you've ever passed me and i didnt wave back, im wasnt being ignorant, i was monging !! :D

;)

CEL 11 March 2004 10:23 AM

LOL... happens to me all the time too. The term 'living in a bulb' fits well. ;) :D

Mikkk 11 March 2004 01:26 PM

I'm still guilty of this, by the time I register it's a Scoob it's too late to wave ... maybe this is linked to the speed we all tend to drive ... nah :D

EddScott 11 March 2004 01:35 PM

I've actually had a friendly poke at my fellow Scoobynetter based in Wales becuase since last October only 2 owners have waved back at me :(

Feel a right arse waving and just getting a blank look in return :)

Jiggerypokery 11 March 2004 04:08 PM

I've been quite good at spotting scoobs, especially in the rear view mirror. One dropped behind me on a dual-carriageway in the dark and I thought I recognised the headlights, then noticed the scoop! A quick flash of the hazzards was returned with a quick flash of the headlights :)

Worryingly, my wife is even better as spotting scoobs, Evos and skylines, usually from half a mile away, she is well trained. :)

benjai 11 March 2004 07:19 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I reckon scoobs are easiest identified from a three quarter view, and classics are easier than new shape ones to spot. Silveris easier to pick up, although the WR is pretty distintive. I'm hopeless in half light, and use the driving lamps to identify them although this is usually way too late ;)

My fave is when you spot one in advance and give it a good flash and a wave only to see a mixed look of confusion and terror on the other drivers face :D:D

benjai 11 March 2004 07:23 PM

Of course I meant WR blue as opposed to WR1 !!!! Haven't spotted one of those yet ;)

K9VYN 11 March 2004 08:01 PM

i find a single finger lifted of the steering wheel is sufficient to attain acknowledgement from the like minded, but discreet enough to avoid feeling silly when the not so likeminded ignore or don't see you.

ozzy 11 March 2004 08:06 PM

Is that your middle finger k9vyn? :)

K9VYN 12 March 2004 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by ozzy
Is that your middle finger k9vyn? :)

:D @ Ozzy...

can quickly change to that one if they don't acknowledge ;)

Lagamorph 12 March 2004 12:17 PM

i always find waving at complete random people helps build confidence when waving at fellow scoobs, its also good to see the face of the person trying to work out if they know you or not :D

specialx 12 March 2004 12:23 PM

morse code brake light does the trick if you don't see the other scoob in time!!!