ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Heated front screen Impreza (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/308724-heated-front-screen-impreza.html)

scoobynutta555 08 March 2004 09:12 PM

Heated front screen Impreza

I used to own a fiesta RST many years ago, and one of the neat little things it had was a heated front screen. Flick a swith and watch everything melt and demist pronto.

Just wondering if there is a similar windscreen available for the Impreza as it would be a bit handy, as i need a replacement windscren soon anyway for a big MOT failure crack. (no it cant be filled in)

bighead 08 March 2004 09:15 PM

there was a group buy some time ago on here ....sorry no details

tooney 08 March 2004 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I used to own a fiesta RST many years ago, and one of the neat little things it had was a heated front screen. Flick a swith and watch everything melt and demist pronto.

Just wondering if there is a similar windscreen available for the Impreza as it would be a bit handy, as i need a replacement windscren soon anyway for a big MOT failure crack. (no it cant be filled in)

There was a post about these windscreens around christmas time.I had to move house and forgot all about them.If anybody has any idea where to start looking please shout because i would be after one myself as well

AR 08 March 2004 09:42 PM

Having sat in various Ford group cars which have heated screens I found that the mesh was too easy to see. Anyone else experienced this?

Hol 08 March 2004 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by tooney
There was a post about these windscreens around christmas time.I had to move house and forgot all about them.If anybody has any idea where to start looking please shout because i would be after one myself as well

If I remember correctly it was one of the rally colins..

Not sure which one though.

ALi-B 08 March 2004 09:59 PM

Just had the latest demon tweeks catalogue arrive.....they have them in there too

I'm Sooo tempted :D (I also miss the heated screen that my XR3 use to have)

cool.j 08 March 2004 10:59 PM

I`m sure i read somewhere that they can affect your speed camera detector locator thingys :)

scoobynutta555 09 March 2004 12:51 PM

Any ideas on price?

Midlife...... 09 March 2004 01:01 PM

AR

I've driven a few fords with heated screens and the wiggly heating mesh is easy to see and very distracting, particularly at night :( Horrible !

Other screens might be diferent

Midlife...

scoobynutta555 09 March 2004 01:13 PM

had no problems with mine and i had it 5 years driving day and night.

geldy 09 March 2004 01:47 PM

outback 3.0 has heated screen - never had a problem with it

SUBTYPER 10 March 2004 10:53 PM

I started the Group buy before xmas and didnt generate alot of interest. The radar detecors I dont think are affected too much by the screens and also I think the Rally cars have heated windscreens to save weight on having the demister system on.

I cna probably get small numebrs of screens if anybody is interested let me know and I willget a price.

john_s 11 March 2004 11:29 PM

Having sat in various Ford group cars which have heated screens I found that the mesh was too easy to see. Anyone else experienced this?
Yes it's easy to see, but you don't really notice it when you look past it.

The HFS is the only thing i really missed from my mondeo.

John.

Mister_DJ 11 March 2004 11:35 PM

I don't know what MY** you have but Grade A have them in the offers section for MY01 onwards - £250 plus VAT. Doesn't mention earlier models though.
DJ :)

BedHog 11 March 2004 11:44 PM

I've had a couple of Fords with heated windscreens - yes you can see the element in bright light but not distracting. Definitely recommended.

ThrustSSC 11 March 2004 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mister_DJ
I don't know what MY** you have but Grade A have them in the offers section for MY01 onwards - £250 plus VAT. Doesn't mention earlier models though.
DJ :)

Do they have a web site I can look at?

Mister_DJ 11 March 2004 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by ThrustSSC
Do they have a web site I can look at?

Sure do http://www.gradea-subaru.co.uk In the offers section at the bottom.

ThrustSSC 12 March 2004 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mister_DJ
Sure do http://www.gradea-subaru.co.uk In the offers section at the bottom.

Thanks, m8! :)

SirFozzalot 12 March 2004 03:20 PM

Agree, this is the thing I miss from my Focus. So quick and easy in winter to remove ice from the screen.

Have had it in two cars now and you get used to it and don't notice the wires in the screen after a while, doesn't take long to get used to it.

minty 12 March 2004 04:32 PM

Did anyone end up getting a screen through the proposed group buy?? If so anyone up for another ??

Minty.

SUBTYPER 12 March 2004 06:09 PM

None took up the offer minimum order was five screens and they came with the wiring and everything. If I remember right. Anyone interested in a group buy now

minty 30 June 2005 11:55 AM

BTTT for this thread, anyone got oen of these in their scooby ????????