ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Does the WR1 have the quick steering rack? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/308481-does-the-wr1-have-the-quick-steering-rack.html)

WR1 08 March 2004 11:01 AM

Does the WR1 have the quick steering rack?

I've heard conflicting rumours about this. Does anyone know for sure whether the WR1 is coming with the quick steering rack ???

Thanks

JGRIFF 08 March 2004 11:31 AM

Yes, 13:1

WR1 08 March 2004 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JGRIFF
Yes, 13:1

Thanks for the reply.

Hope I don't sound rude, but can I ask how you found this out :)

Thanks again.

Chelspeed 08 March 2004 03:13 PM

I spoke to a guy at Crossroads Garage on Saturday and said I was thinking of getting one but was waiting until the spec was bit more firm.

He said the spec was firm and known and had been since Autosport show. I asked specifically about a quick rack and he said it definetly had the quick rack.

Haven't got it in writing and don't know the guys name but he seemed to know waht he was talking about and claimed to be working with Prodrive on this and that so I'm fairly confident.

WR1 08 March 2004 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
I spoke to a guy at Crossroads Garage on Saturday and said I was thinking of getting one but was waiting until the spec was bit more firm.

He said the spec was firm and known and had been since Autosport show. I asked specifically about a quick rack and he said it definetly had the quick rack.

Haven't got it in writing and don't know the guys name but he seemed to know waht he was talking about and claimed to be working with Prodrive on this and that so I'm fairly confident.

Excellent, this all sounds much more promising. Last time I asked about this it was more a case of a friend of a friend told a friend...

Thanks

greasemonkey 08 March 2004 05:45 PM

Yeah, still a bit of conjecture about this. The European cars seem to have it, which tends to imply that the UK one will too, but all the same I'd like to see something in writing before taking it as gospel.

AndyC_772 08 March 2004 06:02 PM

Which is this 'European car' which has been referenced a few times now? I had a look at the French and German Subaru sites over the weeked but only found the 'ordinary' Euro-STI listed. Is there another car?

greasemonkey 08 March 2004 06:20 PM

Yeah. The other car is the same basic spec as the WR1, but without the PPP and other Prodrive/UK specific bits. Depending on what market you look in, they're either called the STi Special Edition or the Solberg Edition. Think you can import them in RHD form from Litchfields.

You could then get a TeK and do the springs and wheels for a car that costs less than a WR1, but you don't get the UK warranty and residuals...