ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scooby Community Advice Requested (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/308438-scooby-community-advice-requested.html)

jods 08 March 2004 02:07 AM

Scooby Community Advice Requested

I have a problem.

Unfortunately some local yobs have taken an interest in me, and my cars. (Also my wifes car)

About 6 months ago I got a knock on my front door from a a decent lad (12-13 yrs old) who lives down the road. He asks for my help as there was a gang of thugs (16 - 18yrs) threatening to steal his bike and his friends moped.

I offered up my support as I believe any one of us on scoobynet would.

As we approach the group I am advised that one is carrying a knife and they have been smoking drugs.

As I got closer I took stock of the situation and did what I could to diffuse the tension.

I got the decent lads to take their bikes to my property and got the others to disperse (temporarlily)

To cut a long story short

The decent lads got their bikes home safely

I have had a catalogue of problems since and it is affecting my sleep now

1. Oil poured onto brake disks on scooby (cost petrol to wash out - £5.00)
2. Glass bottles smashed on cul-de-sac (8 tyres in total - £700.00)
3. Green Paint poured over wifes 2003 Beemer (£900.00)
4. Paint damage to drive £350.00

And today two lads decided to try and rob my enamelled dust caps that have the Subaru emblem. (£15 a set)

What would you do in my situation ?

corradoboy 08 March 2004 02:29 AM

Alibi's, balaclava's, baseball bats, for a start. Then take a note of where they live and keep it up to date, so should they ever grow up and enter society, you can repay their deeds in kind to their vehicle. Over and over.

ex-webby 08 March 2004 09:11 AM

corradoboy

That's not the kind of advice we would advocate on scoobynet. Does anyone else have any more balanced advice?

regards

Simon

Phil 08 March 2004 09:15 AM

What have the Police said?

Surley thats the best place to start

horton 08 March 2004 09:19 AM

buy/borrow a decent digital video camera. there is software that will let you plug it into your PC and become a movement activated security camera, recording any movement on your hard-drive.

get some hard evidence.

personally I would find these kids and break some heads. but that is only going to cause more problems in the long run, so get some hard evidence and then consider whether to take private legal action, call the police or confront these idiots with the proof threatening them with the police if it happens again.

either way stay the right side of the law or you are likely to get as much **** as these idiots.

New To Scoob 08 March 2004 09:29 AM

Much as I personnally agree with corradoboy's idea :D you have to stay on the right side of the law unfortunately, go for the video evidence route and hand it into the police.

John.

Brun 08 March 2004 10:47 AM

Police - no question! Hopefully they will show some interest :)

Brun 08 March 2004 10:48 AM

Oh...........and build a gararge :D

greasemonkey 08 March 2004 11:01 AM

Have to ask why the Police aren't already involved. Have you tried them, or were they too busy catching speeding drivers, oops, sorry, fighting major crime, to be able to devote any resources to your problem?

TonyNesta 08 March 2004 12:34 PM

In theory, and considering the society we live in and the taxes we pay (direct and indirect!), passing to the Police should be the way to go, but in reality, does anyone really believe this will solve the problem ? Not saying I have the answer, but we need a reality check. Even if you get video evidence, pass it to the coppers, and they take it as far as visiting these scrotes, or going to court, what will happen ? A warning, or maybe at best Community Service ? Nothing to stop them coming back and exacting revenge on you for going to the cops.

Personally, I'm with corradoboy, but it would obviously escalate out of control fairly quickly, thus solving nothing and probably making it worse.

Its a sad indictment of the modern society we live in, where scrotes can do this and get away with it, whilst normal hardworking folk get the **** end of the stick, and have to pay out all the time and have no realistic recourse whatsoever.

I blame the parents.

T

bits'n'pieces 08 March 2004 02:37 PM

get a camera (IR one) wires into the computer luverly jubly www.ezcctv.com

jods 05 August 2009 12:26 AM

I ended up in court on a charge of assault - It got thrown out but it took 18 months to get finished and I was totally stressed out for that entire period. I got awarded damages but never received them - despite repeated letters to the court!!!

Lesson learnt. Next time I WILL smack the fcuk out of the little bastads - at least then the stress will be worth it.

Simon 69 05 August 2009 12:54 AM

Bloody Hell!

Simon 69 05 August 2009 12:55 AM

I remember reading this five years ago!

bushiwarrior 05 August 2009 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 3109482)
Alibi's, balaclava's, baseball bats, for a start. Then take a note of where they live and keep it up to date, so should they ever grow up and enter society, you can repay their deeds in kind to their vehicle. Over and over.

only thing they will understand imho:thumb:

The Rig 05 August 2009 12:12 PM

sorry to say it but i had situations similiar to this in my old area,nothing vandalised tho was all verbal,good verbal as well.

being nice didnt solve anything.

being a complete screaming threatening maniac tooled up was the only way i solved anything

R1CH D 05 August 2009 12:21 PM

Get them one by one into the back of a van, drive them up a remote mountain somewhere and burn the little feckers.:D

BIG FUD 05 August 2009 12:28 PM

Sorry to be blunt but let me tell you there is nothing you can do .Yes nothing unless you move,Lets go through it shall we .

cctv i have this 24-7 recording= huds and balaclavas cant see a thing worthless ok for insurance reasons to prove it happend ect ect

Beat them up silly statment = prison sentance =you dont get to see ya kids and wife

Call police=turn up 3 days latter take some silly statement means s..t

(QUOTE) Being a complete screaming threatening maniac tooled up was the only way i solved anything = There dad who is the main nut case sets fire to ya house while you and the family are asleep..

Jay m A 05 August 2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 8863737)
I ended up in court on a charge of assault - It got thrown out but it took 18 months to get finished and I was totally stressed out for that entire period. I got awarded damages but never received them - despite repeated letters to the court!!!

Lesson learnt. Next time I WILL smack the fcuk out of the little bastads - at least then the stress will be worth it.

How did you end up in court? What did you do and were there any more reprisals?

ian.b 05 August 2009 02:48 PM

I have just had some wnker key my car fron to back on the drivers side :mad::mad::mad: it is because there low life scum who dont respect anyones property :hjtwofing:hjtwofing
Just kick there asses i would not of said this before but f*** em there cnts. The police dont do s*** i pay my council tax

MrLouKnee 05 August 2009 03:25 PM

in the good old days the little scumbags would have been drawn, hung and quartered but that pesky Shami Chakrabarti and her human rights crap