ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Anybody had problems with POWERSTATION??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/307855-anybody-had-problems-with-powerstation.html)

eddiebeef 05 March 2004 08:49 PM

Anybody had problems with POWERSTATION???

I am extremely pissed off at the moment.

My car has been into Powerstation twice to rectify a rear 'bearing' noise. They havent managed to find the problem but have conveniently charged me £700 in the process as well as causing me to have 2 days off work standing in the freezing cold from 9am-6pm each time. Thats what I call good service.

Would be interested in hearing if anyone else has any complaints about Powerstation.

WRX_Rich 05 March 2004 09:26 PM

I agree they could do with a waiting room

PC555 05 March 2004 09:54 PM

and a coffee machine .... does get pretty cold in there.

scooby-k 05 March 2004 09:57 PM

always found them to be good the times Iv'e used them.
ken

Stuart J 06 March 2004 08:49 AM

had no problems with the myself

5 Type R 06 March 2004 09:24 AM

I think this must be an exception to the rule, as they generally have nothing but top praise.

Scooby Drew 06 March 2004 09:55 AM

I've always had great service from PowerStation - and there is a waiting room, the offices at the rear

ian_sadler 06 March 2004 01:42 PM

They did all the handeling mods to my Terzo and I was never disapointed.

Davey P 06 March 2004 02:03 PM

I have been there once and had excellent service

DocJock 06 March 2004 04:35 PM

Another happy customer.

No coffee machine, but a kettle and instant coffee, how hard can it be ? ;)

gluestick 06 March 2004 05:16 PM

Anyways, did you get the wheel bearing noise sorted in the end, and if so who managed to sort it out ???

hades 06 March 2004 06:52 PM

No problems with them so far.

Out of curiosity, did you ask them to change the rear bearings because you thought that was the cause of the noise? If you did, you can't complain if they charge you for what they have done just because it doesn't solve the problem. If you asked them to solve the noise, and they said "we've fixed the noise, that'll be £700 please" and it isn't fixed, then you're right to be annoyed - I'd be hacked off too.

Also, I doubt they made you stay there for 9 hours - I dropped mine off there a few days ago for service, left my mobi number, and came back 3 hours later, they had no problems with that. Whilst it's not always convenient to have someone give you a lift or whatever, that's not their fault.

As a thought - I have had cars in the past where strange tyre wear results in a bearing-like noise - my mum's Astra coupe does it at the moment. Just a thought as to the source of the problem.