ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Defi Control Unit 2 Settings (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/307486-defi-control-unit-2-settings.html)

mutant_matt 04 March 2004 05:23 PM

Defi Control Unit 2 Settings

Chaps,

When I turn on the ignition with my newly installed Defi's (with the Mk2 controller), because the engine isn't running, a continuous warning beep sounds due to the lack of Oil Pressure.

Is there any way round this?

Ta,

Matt :)

WRX_Rich 04 March 2004 05:52 PM

lol, mine does just the same. it reminds me to switch off the stereo as it drains the battery in minutes :(

scoobyfella 04 March 2004 08:10 PM

It only does it untill you start up though, so not a great problem really. Glad to see you have your gauges fitted Rich, are you pleased with them? i'm well chuffed with mine, well worth the extra cash.

James.

WRX_Rich 04 March 2004 09:29 PM

love them mate, I ended up getting the defi pod from megabusa who ordered it from the usa, great chap just a shame the uk main dealers couldn't get them so quick

scooby-k 05 March 2004 06:53 AM

Hi Matt. youv'e taken your live from the assessory live and not an ignition live I did the same myself. meant could not have radio on without engine running. I found an ign live below steering wheel by the fuses. got no photos unfortunately.
ken

Johnny50 05 March 2004 07:28 AM

Mine is the same...sitting without the engine on results in the beeper going.
Tis a pain when you just want to listen to the stereo ! :)

scoobyfella 05 March 2004 08:41 PM

Sorry Matt, i didn't realise it would be on if you wanted to listen to the tunes mate.

James.

ST AYE 05 March 2004 08:48 PM

I fitted defis to my 03 as follows
Ign feed for my03 on back of relays.
3 relay up (looking from drivers seat) there are five connections, top connection on right is switched ignition.

scoobyfella 07 March 2004 11:19 AM

mine are connected into the ignition not the auxillary switch, so can have the radio on without the bleep from no oil pressure. Might be worth changing the wiring lads.

James.

IanK Spec C 07 March 2004 07:13 PM

You can temporarily silence the bleep by recording 3 mins of data whilst the engine is running, and then playing this back. However it still bleeps again after 3 mins and you have to press playback again!

Cheers,

Ian

mutant_matt 08 March 2004 04:11 PM

Thanks for the help guys but I guess I didn't ask the question very well. I know why it is doing it, what I wanted to find out was if I could stop it.

I know that if I want to listen to the stereo with the engine/ignition off, I need to wire the Stereo's switched live to Permanent but that is not a requirement. I just wanted the Oil P warning beep not to sound when the engine is off (but the ignition is on) which it seems you can't do.

I don't need the stereo when the engine is off so I wired it the standard way the ISO connector is wired up.

Thanks anyway,

Matt :)

scooby-k 08 March 2004 05:44 PM

Matt, the only way you can stop it is to wire the defi control box orange wire to a live when the engine is running and not the aux or ign live. I don't think it is possible to disable the alarm setting on the defi.
ken

mutant_matt 10 March 2004 09:22 AM

Yep, I got that, thanks :)