ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Khan RS-R Wheels - Help !!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/30726-khan-rs-r-wheels-help.html)

ColinL 12 August 1999 08:38 AM

I've recently purchased a set of Khan RS-R wheels to fit to my Impreza (delivery not due til the 1st Sept so I can't try them.)

I'm a bit concerned that these wheels won't clear the calipers on a MY 99 car (even though the supplier 'thinks' they do !!!)
Does anyone else have these wheels fitted to their MY 99 car.

BR,
Colin

JohnS 12 August 1999 10:06 AM

I've never heard of them!!

What offset etc are they (should be stamped on the wheel somewhere).

Who supplied them, what do they look like and how much were they ? A few people might have seen them fitted, but not known what they were.

ColinL 12 August 1999 10:26 AM

The wheels were supplied by Premier Auto Design in Middlesex.

Apparently the wheels came out tops in a FAST Car mag -wheel survey for Impreza's.

The Wheels are ET45 (I think)and they are a slim five spoke design, with the spokes reaching out to the edge of the rim.

Any members who reside in Central Scotland, with a MY 99, who'd be prepared to let me test the wheels for clearance on their car ???

Stef 12 August 1999 08:58 PM

Colin,

Perhaps it would have been wise to check they fit BEFORE purchasing them http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/frown.gif. I guess if they 'won' a Fast Car survey they must do, unless they used a MY98!!!! http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/redface.gif.
If the ET45 relates to the offset, I was under the impression that MY99's had a 55 offset! But I'm probably wrong so I'll go now before you have a panic attack http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/wink.gif

I hope they fit AND look good!

Stef.

[This message has been edited by Stephan (edited 12-08-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Stephan (edited 12-08-1999).]

asmith150.freeserve.co.uk 13 August 1999 07:49 AM

Yes they do fit but only just, there is about 2mm between the back of the spoke and the caliper. I think they are a 45mm offset.

I have these wheels on my 99 and they are well worth it. I was like yourself and was not sure about them.

Just while I'm here, I only changed my car last week to this 99, I waited 6 days on it as it is RALLY BLUE, not dark mica blue but an eletric blue like the 22B. My dealer here in N.Ireland tells me you can't get this colour in England, is this true?

Why don't you guys buy over here, there is no wait.

Mike Tuckwood 13 August 1999 12:43 PM

Colin.

The wheel which was preferred by the fast car crew was not Khan RSR's.

It was Khan RSZ's which were voted as favourites. If you look at them though there is very little difference. Hub styling at centre of spokes (where else) is different.

HOWEVER, on close comparison with Premier Auto designs advert on page 193. Although it says RSZ on the fast car picture (page 167) it looks like the RSR as shown in the advert.

Still.... whatever, if they fit OK I will be jealous and may even copy you. They are absolutely gorgeous hope you got a good price?

Just in case you haven't still got the Magazine (Fast Car No.158, May 1999), the listed telephone No. for Khan design is 01274 499 999.

Let me know how you get on.

Mike.

ColinL 14 August 1999 02:42 PM

I can now confirm that these wheels definately DON'T fit a MY 99 car.

Just goes to show - never trust a salesman !!

Tried the wheels on at my dealers and the inside edge of the spokes rubbed against the wheels. Supplier recommended fitting spaces (No thank you !!) I'd rather have wheels that fit in the first place (I should also point out that the centre hub locator was also the wrong size).

So it's back they go and a set of standard (boring) Speedlines for me !!!

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Colin.

p.s. anyone want to buy a set of RS-R wheels for a pre MY 99 car - They look fabulous and only one ever fitted !"!!!!!!!

Mike Tuckwood 14 August 1999 06:19 PM

Yep, I'll take them how much.

I presume you meant to say that the back of the spoke rubbed on the calliper?

ColinL 16 August 1999 08:54 AM

Oops, yip the spokes rub on the calliper !!!

Mike if you are interested give me a mail direct, I think the wheels will be going directly back to the supplier but you might be able to wangle a better deal on them as a result.

Tim 17 August 1999 01:45 PM

So what was the outcome? Can these wheels not be ordered with a bigger offset?

I found their web site if anyone is interested. I'm looking for wheels at the moment and currently these are the favourites...

hutton_d 17 August 1999 01:59 PM

OZ Superturismo (II's?) Evolution. They're the ones that say 'Oz Racing' on them. Got them in 17" and gold with an ET48 offset - same as the Prodrive 16" Speedlines they replaced.

Look gorgeous plus they weigh the same (tyre + wheel) as the 16s they replaced. And they fit over Brembos.

The downside is that they're the same as the Evi VI...

Dave

ColinL 17 August 1999 02:22 PM

Just to confirm for all those interested in these wheels.

My supplier Premier Auto Design have confirmed that they have fitted these wheels to pre-MY99 cars without any issue.
As I said the wheels just catches on the MY 99 caliper by about 2 mm (basically on the Subaru logo). If you really wnated to fit these wheels then I suppose a spacer would provide the necessary clearance (would you really want to fit spacers to a car with such handling ?)
The centre hub also appeared to be too large to lock onto the hub centre, therefore placing additional strain on the studs?

If your really interested try giving Premier a call on 0181 904 1066 - ask for Riz.

If your after gold wheels then I know they have a set in stock.

The wheels looked brilliant and sat next to the Speedline ST2's they looked like 18" wheels rather than 17"'s.

Cheers,
Colin.

If you require any additional info, please e-mail me offline.

Scottie 17 August 1999 04:09 PM

ColinL

Seems that the dealer who supplied you supplied the wrong wheels? otherwise the centres would have matched the hubs exactly.

I had the same problem with some momo alloys for a honda fitment a while back. Supplier gave me Vauxhall fit wheels 'cos he thought they would fit as the bolt centres were the same. Offset and hub centres were all wrong. Got them changed with lots of apologies, etc, but the bloke later told me they do that sort of thing all the time!

[This message has been edited by Scottie (edited 17-08-1999).]

Craig H 17 August 1999 05:14 PM

Colin,
You say Speedlines are boring - try the GT1's - they look awesome. Pictures don't do them justice. The only thing is, the quality of them put's the rest of the car to shame. And they definitely fit 99MY cars.

Stef 17 August 1999 06:05 PM

Colin,

Whooops! http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/redface.gif

Sorry mate.

Stef.

PS And what's wrong with salesmen??????