ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   5th Injector? (Celica GTFour) (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/307085-5th-injector-celica-gtfour.html)

owbow 03 March 2004 10:38 AM

5th Injector? (Celica GTFour)

right, engine is being built up over the next week or so, lowered compression, hybrid, polished rods etc etc...

gonna be running more boost, unsure how much yet as Knocklink and Lambda display will decide that. Has anybody here fitted a 5th injector? seem to remember this is quite a common procedure on RST's etc, unsure as to why...

ps. Have a mines ecu which i suspect is gonna cope with the extra boost anyway being mapped for it

Owain :)

http://gt4oc.unstable.org.uk/images/...20039ae4cc.jpg

flat4 03 March 2004 10:48 AM

looking good :D can't help you on the 5th injector though :o

owbow 03 March 2004 10:55 AM

Kev innit? that i bought her off? did ya know she had a mines ecu???

o.

flat4 03 March 2004 11:35 AM

:D never knew, hope the rebuild was by choice :)

kev :)

Turbo_Steve 03 March 2004 11:37 AM

To be honest, you'll get MUCH better results from replacing the four factory injectors for a slightly larger size than using a 5th injector.
If you're running more boost, you'll really be wanting to remap it anyway, so why not just remap it with a nice set of 550s in (or similar)?

flat4 03 March 2004 11:40 AM

remember replying on here when you asked about the ecu a few months back, it would explain the pinking i could hear ocassionally :)

got a 5th injector on my new car, i'm under the impression it's there to ensure even fuel distribution and to stop the weekest cylinder leaning off too much at high revs

Turbo_Steve 03 March 2004 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by flat4
got a 5th injector on my new car, i'm under the impression it's there to ensure even fuel distribution and to stop the weekest cylinder leaning off too much at high revs

Is that an RA by any chance? :)

flat4 03 March 2004 12:25 PM

could be ;) it's in the projects forum for all to see at the moment :D

Turbo_Steve 03 March 2004 04:20 PM

Nice. I'm only a bit jealous. Y'know, like completely :)

As I understood it, the 5th injector in the RA's isn't used without changing the factory maps (something no-one seems to have figured out how to do yet) and even then it mainly exists to support Anti-Lag?
On the standard car it does nothing?

Certainly everything I have read about 5th injectors is that they'll give you about 5% headroom on IDC, which in terms of boost increase is not going to be all that significant?

I'd be the first to admit that I am not well versed in this topic, but keen to know more!

flat4 04 March 2004 10:36 AM

i'll stop hi-jacking owain's thread now

that gives me an idea for another thread - i might be able to control it with my power fc :)

owbow 05 March 2004 11:22 PM

nah Kev mate sorry to say it's not outta choice. det on No.2 killed the headgasket after 2 weeks or so (initially put down to overenthusiasm with the boost controller), sorted that, only to blow a BIG chunk outta the side of piston No2, removing both ring lands about a week later. injector on that cylinder is the major suspect. So, a C/Sainz lump has been sourced, new mains, big ends, rings, honed, rods polished, pistons decked to drop compression, head shim sourced from the US to drop it further, multilayer steel h/g, valves all reconditioned in house, c/s cams swapped into my head and retimed, cs throttle body, 54mm hybrid turbo, TVIS removed, 1st and 2nd gear boost limit removed, backbox removed, exhaust air induction (antilag) under development, water injection under development, i/c water spray, FMIC, 17" OZ Volcanos...................

she's gonna be a flyer! (well, even more of a flyer... with 0.9 Bar she was quicker than my mate's GtiR and an E36 M3) :D :D :D :D :D

how's the Pug?

Owain :)