ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Car trailer hire - Aberdeen (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/305388-car-trailer-hire-aberdeen.html)

Numptie 26 February 2004 11:15 AM

Car trailer hire - Aberdeen

Hi,

I need to get a car transported from the West Midlands (Wolverhampton) to Aberdeen.

I'm currently thinking about hiring a trailer in Aberdeen and taking it down there with the wife's Shogun.

Does anyone know where I could hire a car trailer in the Aberdeen area ?

Alternatively, is there another option anyone can think of ?

TIA

Cheers,

N :)

Dougster 26 February 2004 11:33 AM

You in the RAC/AA?

Ooops it's broken down!!http://smile.smilies.nl/354.gif

foz01 26 February 2004 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dougster
You in the RAC/AA?

Ooops it's broken down!!http://smile.smilies.nl/354.gif

I am in a similar predicament but my car needs collecting from swindon..

anyone?

i really dont fancy the drive..

cant use the RAC as the car is a non runner ;)

Numptie 26 February 2004 01:25 PM

Grampian International Freight have quoted me £275 to transport the car from Wolverhampton to Aberdeen in a truck with curtain screens (all insured and everything).

To get the car onto the truck it will have to be driven to a local depot to be lifted.

A friend also suggested Aberdeen Trailers. Although that would be easier (no lifting) the car I'm dealing with is open top so I don't want it on a transporter.

Cheers,

WUZ 26 February 2004 04:54 PM

Numptie - I used Aberdeen Trailers to get my TypeR from London to here.

Cost was £25 + VAT a day for a trailer and winch. .I put a tarpaulin over the car for the return journey.

Remeber if you do this that the speed limit for a car towing a trailer is 60 on the motorways and 50 on the dual carriageways:(

Russell

ps Aberdeen trailers also said (afterwards, the twats) that for about £200 they would pick up the car, on a transporter and they'll cover the car with a tarp. Call them and see.................you might be surprised!

Numptie 26 February 2004 05:13 PM

Thanks Russell - I'll give it a go :)

opelcorsa 26 February 2004 06:58 PM

ive got one!!

Jools 26 February 2004 08:25 PM

Three options I may be able to help with.

N,
1. Car transporter trailer from my m8 over beside Dunecht. For you and me; £25, all in. Sound trailer fit for long haul, spends many weekends out at rallies and is booked for 2 weekends in March already.

2. A-frame, probably for free hire; again to you and me. I have the magnet lights for the back of the car as per the Westy to KH and back. This might be the good option as you are unrestricted on the road down and can borrow the road angel if you don’t already have. The A-frame (folded) will go in the boot of my car, so no problem for the jeep.

3. I know a local lad ;) with a covered race-car trailer (proper deal), if you have bought what I think you may have. Remember plastic and duck tape works very well, again as per Westy to KH amd back :)

The above is only available to folks I know well like yourself. Can’t do the same for folks that I don’t know I’m afraid, as none of this gear is my own.

I've been down the road of trying to get my car to PowerStation, with local people, garages, etc. Abz trailers wanted silly money as I remember. Forget it would be my advice, not easy and not cheap compared to a couple of tanks of the red stuff. Although the deal from GIF sounds OK, if you can get the car to a local depot. Do you have any contacts at GIF? We use them all the time to Norwich, NL and DK. Might we worth a call through the buyers at my work and see if we can get a deal for a couple of big ones. Then it would be well worth it I would think, although 275 is not that bad compared to some of the prices I was given for the Sti down and back....although it is not easily managed compared to a light weight car.

:eek: Wish I had know, I was in Nottingham all day Tuesday with the Sti.

Jools

Dark 27 February 2004 08:41 AM

Jools

Doing what I wonder? Not at TSL by any chance?

Mark

Numptie 27 February 2004 10:09 AM

Jools,

Thanks for that. A more kind and helpful chap, I've never met :)

My main problem is time. The next few weekends are booked up for me and taking a day off work doesn't make financial sense ;)

I'll let you know how I'm getting on.

Originally Posted by Jools
... if you have bought what I think you may have ...

:D

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=3022432&outx=600&oq=0

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=3022433&outx=600&oq=0

Numptie 27 February 2004 10:10 AM

I don't know why I suddenly can't get images to work :rolleyes:

Dark 27 February 2004 10:44 AM

Is that a Megabusa ? :)

Cheap flight to Birmingham and you could drive home! ;)

Mark

Jools 27 February 2004 11:11 AM

Dark,
TSL :confused: Are they in Nottingham… ;)

N,
Very very nice indeed and o so :cool: Looks fab :D

Jools

JohnS 27 February 2004 12:58 PM

Nice car :D I'm sure it will be fun at KH on the 20th March :D

Not sure about the colour though ;)

Why not pay for Rob D to get a cheap flight to Brum, and he'll drive the beast back with a huge smile on his face ;)

I'd offer to drive it up for you as well if I wasn't so busy just now, though I am due quite a lot of holidays, so there is scope if it can be done in one day (e.g. seller drives car to Birmingham airport).

ColinT has hired a trailer a few times for his old RA. I could see where he got that from.

John

foz01 27 February 2004 01:03 PM

I am in the process of getting a dedicated track/hillclimb/sprint car!

And i cant wait :D

As soon as it's ready will be stright down to KH

look forward to passing all the scoobs and elises :cool: :D lol ;)

Numptie 27 February 2004 01:10 PM

John,

I think you've been working too hard - have a quick look out the window.

We're talking about a car with no wet weather gear, just an aero-screen and no heater.

Now I know you guys are hard ... but ... ;)

Numptie 27 February 2004 01:14 PM

foz01,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your plans for sprint / hillclimb competition ?

Cheers,

N :) vbmenu_register("postmenu_3083935", true);

Numptie 27 February 2004 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Numptie
vbmenu_register("postmenu_3083935", true);

:confused:

JohnS 27 February 2004 03:14 PM

Ah,

but I could do with some fresh air, and I'm sure there would be a few pints in it ;)

John

foz01 29 February 2004 04:17 PM

Numptie

well i need to check the regs to see what i would be up against- if its R500 caterhams with no windscreens etc then i dont have a hope but maybe modified road cars ( would need sva'd though)

Need to speak to the scrutineers etc to find out- have joined the admc- are you a member?

cheers

foz

Rob D 01 March 2004 11:09 PM

I'll drive anything anywhere!! :)
For a pint of course!! :D

Numptie 03 March 2004 09:44 AM

Foz,

I've been all through this already so I can give you some good up-to-date advice.

I can also put you in contact with some good peeps in ADMC who will help you.

I'm planning entry to the Highland Speed Championship.

I take it you've sorted your MSA licence already.

Send me an email or PM if you want to have a natter about it.

Cheers,

barvas11 26 March 2015 12:36 PM

Aberdeen trailer hire and rental

Hi guys. I found somebody who hires trailers in Aberdeen. They rent them in Portlethen. Look here >> Aberdeen car trailer hire rental

Rescue Dude 26 March 2015 01:16 PM

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...psfsc9mzc8.jpg

stevemoir 26 March 2015 01:19 PM

Only 11 years to late for the Op haha

Steve

Numptie 29 March 2015 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by stevemoir (Post 11653451)
Only 11 years to late for the Op haha

Steve

Never too late. ;)

WUZ 01 April 2015 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Numptie (Post 11655749)
Never too late. ;)

lol

barvas11 24 May 2015 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by WUZ (Post 11657415)
lol

:D