ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Car won't start HELP!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/304916-car-wont-start-help.html)

rayman_2 24 February 2004 06:21 PM

Car won't start HELP!!!!!

Just returned to my car to go home and the damm thing won't start. Checked too see if there is a spark from the plugs OKAY. The starter motor just keeps turning over but not even a hint of kicking IN !!!!!!!

HELP !!!! I am stuck in a college CAR PARK !!! have imternet access from the security guards PC. Any pointers where I should check ??

:( :(

cong 24 February 2004 06:26 PM

check ecu for fault code! then check there is fuel going into the cylinders, then you most will probably need a jump start because its gonna drain your battery

rayman_2 24 February 2004 06:29 PM

cheers, when checking for the fuel supply where's the best point to see if fuel going in ?

I mean disconnect a hose or something ?

rayman_2 24 February 2004 06:52 PM

its started !!!! the fuel pump was sticking, gave a tap and hey presto !!!

redwrx 24 February 2004 07:04 PM

Get the wiring to your fuel pump checked mate.....

i had a problem with mine, a couple of times it wouldnt start....... ended up on the back of an RAC truck..

The fuel pump was fine, is was a burnt out connector just near the base of the back passenger seat.

Follow the cabling back, and you will find it ...you need to take the back seat out tho..etc

mines an my93wrx

kamares 24 February 2004 07:15 PM

flooded

Could be flooded mate, Press the throttle down slowly then turn the engine over for 10 seconds then try starting without touching the throttle, hope this works.

Paul

rayman_2 24 February 2004 07:48 PM

Cheers !!!

Thanks for the replys guys, its okay now. :) :) :) :)

fuel pump was sticking needed a tap to kick it off, is this normal in cold weather ? or does it need replaced.

cong 24 February 2004 09:17 PM

sorry i was leaving work so i couldnt give you a full diagnostic..........nearly missed my train......but good old connex was delayed again and i just made it. but glad i could help

Dark Blue Mark 24 February 2004 11:02 PM

Can I ask if you started the car at all today, but only very briefly, then switched it off?

MB

rayman_2 25 February 2004 10:08 AM

Hi MB,

The car started up okay this morning as well, I have started it up several times since yesterday and it has been okay.

:D :D :D :D

Dark Blue Mark 25 February 2004 12:22 PM

The reason I ask is that if you start the car, just to get a CD out or something, and turn it off quick. The electronic fuel injection will be putting in a load of fuel, which is unburnt and left in the cylinder if you switch off quick. It is therefore flooded. Its becoming quite a common problem for the AA / RAC im told.

You can pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it. Replace and then start the car. Hopefully :D

MB