ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   ecutek advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/304748-ecutek-advice.html)

spyr0 24 February 2004 09:47 AM

ecutek advice

had PPP fitted in December, going to Well lane on Friday to see what is what on the RR.
Seems only slightly better mid range from standard - and power fades @5800.

Where can i go in yorkshire to have the Ecu tweeked if I need to?

Help appreciated
thx
:)

RON 24 February 2004 10:22 AM

You'd be far better off selling the ppp ecu on here, and then getting a full Ecutek 3 option!!

spyr0 24 February 2004 10:43 AM

thx ron
where do i go to get the ecutek3 ?
any idea on price?

The_Judge 24 February 2004 11:43 AM

The PPP should be loads better than standard... If it's not performing the way it should be, take it back to the dealer who fitted it and get them to sort it. For the price you paid for it, they should be only too happy. It's probably something simple like restrictor size, or maybe the wategate actuator needs tightening up a bit.

However, if you do intend to go down the EcuTek path, your best bet is to put your PPP ECU to one side and put back in when you come to sell the car, buy a cheap AE802 ECU, and click here for the info on EcuTek partners... :)

scooby L 24 February 2004 11:50 AM

scooby exhausts?
popup link at top of page
Power Engineering ..
Http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/ac...cts_engine.htm

spyr0 24 February 2004 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by The_Judge
The PPP should be loads better than standard... If it's not performing the way it should be, take it back to the dealer who fitted it and get them to sort it. For the price you paid for it, they should be only too happy. It's probably something simple like restrictor size, or maybe the wategate actuator needs tightening up a bit.

However, if you do intend to go down the EcuTek path, your best bet is to put your PPP ECU to one side and put back in when you come to sell the car, buy a cheap AE802 ECU, and click here for the info on EcuTek partners... :)

useful - thx

marklemac 24 February 2004 03:11 PM

Spyr0,

My PPP'd STi 7 wasn't pulling well, so I took it back to the dealer and they sent the ECU back to Prodrive who swapped it over for another newly mapped ECU.

All I can say is that it now feels like I'm driving a different car. Loads more power than before, pulls HARD like a train right to max revs, whereas before it ran out of puff at around 6k ish.

Either the new map is way better and improved or my ecu was a dudd. Either way I am now very very happy. Take it back to your dealer and insist on a swapout.

My dealer also mentioned that this new and improved ecu also compensates for the 35 degree heat soak issues in the summer (whatever that means!)

spyr0 24 February 2004 04:52 PM

marklemac and all -
thanks - this is the avenue i will try.
cheers