ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Leda kit or Eibach springs? (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/30447-leda-kit-or-eibach-springs.html)

NOZZER 29 January 2001 03:24 PM

After the Exmoor run, i think i need to sort out my suspension. Can i just fit Eibach springs on uk my97 or should i just bite the bullet and go for the Leda B kit?
What are the pros and cons? I already have the prodrive & bumpsteer mods and big brake kit. What other options are there?
Many thanks.
Ian (no stranger to after market upgrades!!!)

Silver Surfer 29 January 2001 05:01 PM

Well I have the same mods as you but also the Leda. I would recommend the leda which works very well, especially with big brakes. the car is very controllable and you can alter the settings easily for different driving situations. Negatives are it is a bit rattly and the cost.

I have tried the Eeiback cars and I don't think they are comparable, but quite cost effective. Hope this helps

TopCat 29 January 2001 05:13 PM

I have had all the mods as you have done to your car and tried the E springs, What a differance without breaking the bank, My modal is 97 same as your and these modals are fitted with a much stiffer suspension as standard, so all you need to do is fit a set of springs for now... the 98 up ward modals suspension is softer hence the requirment for shocks etc.

If want to know more... click on to SIDC web site and read the Scooby history pages, where they explain the changes when modals evolve.

let me know

TC

[This message has been edited by TopCat (edited 29 January 2001).]

cwal1 30 January 2001 09:16 AM

Silver Surfer,

What is it about the Leda B units that causes the rattliness you describe. I can't see which part of the spring/ damper unit combination that could rattle.

Chris.

Silver Surfer 30 January 2001 02:38 PM

It is a minor rattle when trundling along at slow speeds. However mine did get sorted recently by Leda FOC and is now 90% quiet. I believe the later sets are cured with the mods that mine has just had. Pete Croney could probably give you specifics. As far as customer support from Leda I am very happy. If you are at Donno on 18th let me know and I will take you round!

cwal1 30 January 2001 03:57 PM

Top bloke Silver Surfer !

I am planning to be there but as I'm due to get married the week after it's possible I'll not make it. Rest assured that if I'm there I'll be wanting to take you up on your offer.

Chris.

SteveB 01 February 2001 12:11 PM

Ian,

You know what my car handles like as you followed me on the Exmoor. My setting then were 9 front 6 rear. Should have upped the front a bit to give some more bite.

I remember when Dave(chief mechanic) at local dealers took my car out after fitting the Alcon brakes - WOW ! was his comment, don't this handle, virtually no dive under braking.

I'll take you for a spin on the 11th if you can make it.

Steve.