ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Woohoo now officially divorced - only took 3 years to the day! :O (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/302770-woohoo-now-officially-divorced-only-took-3-years-to-the-day-o.html)

eClaire 16 February 2004 06:23 PM

Awwwwe bless :)

i'll stop now before I get on my soap box
Not at all! Go right ahead, I am interested :) and I bet a few others are too!

Bravo2zero_sps 16 February 2004 06:48 PM

Claire basically what gets me is that Women want equality in the work place etc and thats fair enough but equality needs to work both ways and it currently doesn't. The law states that the custody of a child goes to the parent who has brought the child up from birth. Now in 99% of cases thats the mother because the father is out working. I went out to work and paid for literally everything and when it came down to the courts, that didn't count for anything and I was penalised for doing it because I hadn't been at home looking after my son all day therefore I had no chance of custody :rolleyes:

I would have settled quite happily for split custody but no thats not acceptable to the courts. It has to be one parent or the other apart from exceptional cases. I was shafted for going out to work to pay for everything. How is that equality? Its not. Everything is in favour of the mother. If I had known this to start with I would have sent her out to work and I would have stayed at home and brought my son up. Oh and she is the one who broke the marriage up so she was responsible for the divorce (I divorced her - mutually) yet the courts don't apportion blame it seems unless the father has done something wrong, mothers cannot do anything wrong in the eyes of the court - they are always blameless. Again I don't see any equality in that. The fact that she wanted to go off and do something else means I should be the one got my son and kept the house, not her! Its a fcuking joke it really is - women can take a bloke for everything and get away with it and the bloke is still made to look at fault :mad:

Where is this equlaity that women go on so much about?

Markus 16 February 2004 06:54 PM

That's good news Bob!

Is Beemerboy a local lad too then? If so then you all crawl out of the woodwork when I leave the country :D

Bravo2zero_sps 16 February 2004 06:58 PM

Cheers Markus.

Nah he's up in Essex so meet up in London for p!ss ups :D

eClaire 16 February 2004 06:59 PM

I can understand your frustration, and I totally agree with you.

My Ex's ex tried to keep his son away from him. No matter how much I dislike him/he dislikes me he does NOT deserve to have his son kept from him. They weren't married but she is still living in the house he bought with his son and HER daughter (who he provided for too, arrogant little sh!t that she is).

:(

Bonehead 16 February 2004 07:01 PM

How can you trust something that bleads regularly and doesn't die?

eClaire 16 February 2004 07:02 PM

You been watching the South Park movie bonehead? :p

weapon69 16 February 2004 07:13 PM

I would have sent her out to work
And how would you have done that exactly? I don't think you can do that really.

What are Father's rights if they don't marry the Mother then? Anyone know?

yoza 16 February 2004 07:19 PM

Which islands can you get married on, then when you come home its not legally binding?

I think Mick Jagger tied the knot on one of them.

Just asking.

Just incase.

You know how it is.

boxst 16 February 2004 07:22 PM

Weapon69:

When are you going to get B2Z to marry you then?

Steve.

weapon69 16 February 2004 07:28 PM

PMSL @Boxst:D

B2Z would rather eat horse poo for a year than marry me.;)

*edited to add-im saving myself for an ageing millionaire whose not fussy+has severe heart condition*

;):D

boxst 16 February 2004 07:32 PM

Hello

MMmm... well, it's very nutritional apparently. At least my parents dog unfortunately appears to think so.

I would give him the choice though, and see what he says...

Steve.

weapon69 16 February 2004 07:37 PM

I'll leave him to enjoy his divorced status i think;)

:D

Bravo2zero_sps 16 February 2004 08:33 PM

Bloody 'ell Steve give me a break :D I only just got out of one life sentence - don't wish another one on me! ;)

I'm a long way off the millionairre status W69 desires although not too far off the old git part of it! :o

jaf01uk 16 February 2004 09:59 PM

My mate just got rid, cost him.......................wait for it..............................her bowling bal and her bike back! -- RESULT! :D :D

Brendan Hughes 17 February 2004 09:43 AM

b20 and other single fathers, vague news article here

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2004 10:20 AM

Cheers for the link Brendan. Will try and find out more about it although they will probably say I have more than enough access seing my son once every two weeks :rolleyes: However I understand that the dads who dont see their kids at all are first priority in that scheme. Will see what happens.

Katana 17 February 2004 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by **************
Kat mate the custody and finances were done over 2 years ago and I lost on both accounts big time - she got my son and more money than the price of a new sti8 :mad:

I'm really sorry to hear about that mate. I still havent got mine officially sorted. However I am taking care of my daughter for a couple of weeks so all is not lost for me yet. But at least now you can stalk 19 year old girls in college with me in nightclubs without worrying your ex would find out. :D

Leslie 17 February 2004 11:07 AM

Glad for you B2Z that it is all done and dusted. Its a hell of a relief when its over and you can get on with your life again. Sorry about the cost but it will never be cheap unless there is full cooperation on both sides.

All the best for the new future.

Les

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2004 11:26 AM

Cheers Les.

Kat I don't need to go after 19 year olds mate, the mrs is only just approaching 21 and im more than a happy chappy :D :D How long till your divorce is sorted then?

weapon69 17 February 2004 11:35 AM

But at least now you can stalk 19 year old girls in college with me in nightclubs without worrying your ex would find out
They may not be interested after i removed vital parts of his anatomy:p:p:p

Katana 17 February 2004 11:58 AM

Hehe sorry about that. B2Z, you have PMS....... Joke. :D

edit: Its going very slowly btw. Ex wants a lot of my cash but I on the other hand beg to differ.

V45DSM 17 February 2004 12:19 PM

Who's getting the Rats?

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2004 12:49 PM

The rats were after we split up :p Just like my scooby and bike were. If she had gone after any of my prize possesions that I aquired after breaking up she knew I would more than start WWIII on that front. At least she knew some limits :rolleyes:

One other problem though is the fact my son has told me about a gun she keeps on the top shelf of the wardrobe. I find this a little worrying. Not a lot I can do on that front as he cant tell me if its real or a replica or even a cigarette lighter for that matter, but I wouldn't put it past her and her dodgy bf to have a gun :mad:

eClaire 17 February 2004 12:53 PM

You have every right to be concerned if she is keeping a gun in the same house as your son! :eek:

You going to report it?

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2004 01:03 PM

Course I cant report it. Police wont take it seriously, when they ask what eveidence I have all I could say is my 6 year old son told me she has one! They couldnt get a warrant on that evidence or lack of it. Plus if it turned out there wasnt one and she had been searched she would automatically point the finger at me and make my access to my son even more difficult than it is now :rolleyes:

Katana 17 February 2004 01:23 PM

Um, police will take ANY report of a firearm seriously. If I were you I'd report it.

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2004 01:28 PM

Kat I thought of doing it anonomously but it could be constued as me causing trouble with unfounded accusations. She will point the finger at me immediately if it all goes t!ts up. If there isnt one there then she will make things so more unpleasant for me it doesnt bear thinking about - ie time with my son reduced as she has that sort of power due to the courts inability to enforce their orders :rolleyes:

weapon69 17 February 2004 01:38 PM

I reckon having the snip and never getting married again should sort you out:p

Katana 17 February 2004 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by **************
Kat I thought of doing it anonomously but it could be constued as me causing trouble with unfounded accusations. She will point the finger at me immediately if it all goes t!ts up. If there isnt one there then she will make things so more unpleasant for me it doesnt bear thinking about - ie time with my son reduced as she has that sort of power due to the courts inability to enforce their orders :rolleyes:

I know exactly how you feel mate. But you do know that if you take your child away without her notice (provided you havent had any court orders) it would not be counted as kidnapping right? (based on what was done to me for almost a year) I'm just saying.. ;)