ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Ian Godney (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/302159-ian-godney.html)

M0NEY 14 February 2004 11:04 AM

Ian Godney

Can you ring Billy on 07709 487 829.

He has bought my 355 kit and has trouble fitting them.

billy scoob eck 14 February 2004 05:06 PM

BTTT

BTTT

ozzy 14 February 2004 05:52 PM

Why don't you post the problem? Maybe someone on here can help you out.

Stefan

billy scoob eck 14 February 2004 08:16 PM

godspeed brake kit 355

ok will do iv got the godspeed 355 4pot kit and thay dont seem 2 fit as i thought that would
the caliper and the brakets all look right its just the disc it dont look like it in the right place it looks 2 far back and it looks like its toching things at the back
its only a matter ov min and max ov 5-10mm and it would solve the prob
maybe a spacer between the hub and the disc might do the trick but will it be safe?
the more and more i think a bout it i feal thay arnt for my car
GUTTED i realy like these brakes and would like 2 find a safe way ov fitting them
my cars a subaru 2000 awd uk turbo MY97 WITH 2POTS AS STANDERD
has any1 had this prob b4
if so how did u get round it
or what do u think ? wrong disc?

ozzy 14 February 2004 08:28 PM

Don't know of that many people with the larger 355mm kit on Impreza's. Certainly the slightly smaller 335mm kit fitted perfectly to my MY99.

If the disc is sitting too far back, then perhaps you need a slightly different alloy bell

Does the disc sit inside the caliper OK once it's extended on the bracket?

Personally, I wouldn't like to add a spacer, especially up to 10mm - 1 or 2mm maybe.

Stefan

billy scoob eck 14 February 2004 10:57 PM

YES THE DISC SIT OK IN THE caliper and the brake pads fit in ok everythin lines up its just toching at the back end ov the discit might only be a matter ov 3 mm just 2 pull the disc away from what it toching

cheers stefan

billy

Hoppy 14 February 2004 11:10 PM

Billy, if it can be sorted, Ian Godney will sort it. Not sure what your problem is, but it's obvious things are not right. Avoid spacers if you can. You need at least 3mm clearance around the brakes as the wheel will move on the bearings. Talk to Ian ;)

Richard.

billy scoob eck 14 February 2004 11:36 PM

ye been trying 2 get intoch with ian but hay its the weekend lol
just hope its sumt and nothing and can be sorted at no extra cost :-) i have 2 say this is a unbelievable kit and 2 beleave the size ov these things u have 2 see them thay real do look the bizz

billy scoob eck 15 February 2004 09:49 AM

bttt

bttt

Godspeed Brakes 15 February 2004 10:04 AM

Hi Billy , Sorry not to reply yesterday but was away rallying , I am in work this morning for a couple of hours so give me a ring , I have emailed you about 10 mins ago

Cheers Ian