ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Clio V6-Hot or Not? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/301542-clio-v6-hot-or-not.html)

brybusa 12 February 2004 10:44 AM

Clio V6-Hot or Not?

Brother considering a Clio V6(New)-From what we know so far:-

They have 260 Brake......? 150MPH top end.......?

Handle better that the earlier V6's(?)

Are they expensive to service? How often?

Any feedback/views/opinions appreciated

Thanks in advance

RS Grant 12 February 2004 11:08 AM

Never driven one... Sat in one... or even know anyone who has/had one, but I think they look sweet!! :cool:

IIRC one of the mags rated the new model as a very good improvement over the old model. :)

Meant to sound sweeeeet too!! :D

Dashboard is standard Renault from what I hear though, which doesnt seem to be a very good thing judging by some threads I have seen on here... *cough* Druddle *cough* ;) :D

Cheers,
Grant

rickybouy 12 February 2004 12:17 PM

I have a clio cup and there are some great deals on the V6 at the moment, and am seriously thinking about swapping for one, they sound awesome, not lightning quick but fast enough, very rare, how many have you seen??? and turn loads of heads, i think the blue with the silver side vents looks quality, dash is very similair to my current car and to be honest its not fantastic but if you want a quality dash then by a lux car!!! not to sure about the service costs and service intervals, mine is every 12,000 miles so prob the same, the only down side is the noise in cabin, heat and no where to put your golf sticks!!!!!! or picnic basket

WRX Wannabe 12 February 2004 05:25 PM

Hot :D...but i would not pay 27K for 1 :rolleyes:

bluenose172 12 February 2004 06:30 PM

^^^ Either Would I!;)

Servicing is very reasonable, from what I've seen!

Here are some pics of a black one, must say I'm still going for the blue one though!!

http://www.kis.me.uk/

Tim-Grove 12 February 2004 06:35 PM

Looks wicked Bluenose:D

£27k!!:eek: i've heard you can get em for £21k as a EU import from the car supermarkets

bluenose172 12 February 2004 07:04 PM

Tim, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!^^

....and they're not EU imports!

Rich D 12 February 2004 11:54 PM

Well as you already know Teady I've driven both models of Clio V6, as well as both models of Clio 172 and I've currently got a Clio Cup so I'm in a good position to comment...

The mk2 V6 is an improvement over the first incarnation, not only in looks but also in the handling of the car, it's a lot more sure footed now and gives more confidence. However it's not really much quicker than it's predecessor and cetainly not massively quicker than it's smaller engined ClioSport brothers, especially the Cup.

Plus points are that they look superb, it turns heads like you would not believe, they sound absolutley amazing and you know you're driving something special.

Bad points are that they're not actually as quick as they could (or should) be, the gearchange is crap, they're not cheap to run/maintain and value for money wise over a Cup/172/182 they're not worth the extra IMO.

If I were to spend that much money on a car tomorrow, it wouldn't be the V6...

Terzo 333 13 February 2004 09:54 AM

Why aren't they cheap to maintain Rich ? How much (roughly) is a service ?

Thanks

Matt

brybusa 13 February 2004 10:04 AM

Thanks for your comments guys! 21K for an import is good me thinks......

bluenose172 13 February 2004 05:10 PM

^^^Again, they aint imports!

They're not expensive to maintain, well I don't think so!

zoog 13 February 2004 05:40 PM

They are just not quite fast enough or well built for the cash, and the inpracticality is another consideration. The clio cup's existence is their problem ironically - £15000 cheaper and nearly as fast in most situations.

Tim-Grove 13 February 2004 05:46 PM

£15000???:confused: dont you mean £8000

bluenose172 13 February 2004 06:17 PM

How fast exactly do you want it to be?????

0-60 - 5.5s, 0-100 in <15's and 153MPH - all for £21,800!! IMHO, well worth the 9K extra over a Cup, don't understand why people constantly compare the two!! They share the same name, thats it!!!

The_Gza 13 February 2004 06:49 PM

IMHO the Cup and the V6 are distant cousins. I've still to see a V6 on the road, and I think the Mk2 V6 will hold its value better than the Mk1 which was a bit of a white elephant. Still, I think the Mk1 will level out around the £10k mark and you'll still not loose a lot on that if you buy one 2nd hand :)

Fatman 13 February 2004 10:55 PM

FWIW, I reckon the V6 looks pretty tasty. It's one of those cars I'd very much like to say I'd had a go in. Is there much of a 'modding' culture around such Clios, in the same way Imprezas are modified?

craigdaaavid 13 February 2004 11:06 PM

not

driven one and i have to go with zoog, not that fast and there to steep for what thay are and there a **** to work on. buy an sti all round better car for the money