ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   About time Scoobyshop sold MAF and Lambda Sensors? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/301537-about-time-scoobyshop-sold-maf-and-lambda-sensors.html)

Dark Blue Mark 12 February 2004 10:25 AM

About time Scoobyshop sold MAF and Lambda Sensors?

Just a thought but I reckon theses got be be a number of people on here that have one of these effing things fail every week.

Seems a bit of a waste that we all have to shop around for the besta deal, on what are quite expensive things.

There must be a tuning company out there who can either source these at a discount from Japan or from a main dealer.

With the amount people go through on here, I personally think it would be worth while. I would have put this in the "scoobyshop" forum, but it might need more exposure.

Any thoughts?

MB

NelsonUK 12 February 2004 10:41 AM

A Brilliant idea - if it can be done :)

richiewong 12 February 2004 10:57 AM

Damn good idea :D

ex-webby 12 February 2004 11:03 AM

The best way to make this happen, is for someone who knows of a company that could offer these products, to contact them and suggest they sign up. It's free of charge for them to use, as long as they offer scoobynet plus members the discounts.

All the best

Simon

SCOOBY TOWERS 12 February 2004 11:04 AM

I have a contact for the LADS group.
Will ask on your behalf.

Chris

Dark Blue Mark 12 February 2004 11:36 AM

Thanks Simon, wasn't having a pop and I appreciate its not for you to actively set this up. But if you know anyone, they would probably make a fortune as a sole supplier. I know that getting the parts from Japan is quite cheap :)

Chris, keep us posted, ta.

MB

ex-webby 12 February 2004 11:46 AM

DBM

I didn't think you were having a pop at all :)

Sorry if my post sounded as though I did

All the best

Simon

SCOOBY TOWERS 12 February 2004 11:50 AM

Have put the idea to the company.
The manager thinks it's ok as he already offers LADS members a discount ;) , but he needs to run it by the owner.
Will keep you informed.
Chris

Dark Blue Mark 12 February 2004 11:56 AM

Simon, nothing wrong with your post :) it was more the title of my thread that may have come across the wrong way :)

Thanks Chris. Just searched on the web for any importers and cant find anything of interest. Possible one of the tuners on here may be interested?

MB

Dark Blue Mark 12 February 2004 04:38 PM

Any companies out there interested?

Gold mine awaits! :)

MB

SCOOBY TOWERS 13 February 2004 07:52 AM

My contact is definatley interested - boss must be out, as he always rings back.
I'll chase him up this morning and if he's not got a answer, I'll call in this afternoon and "perswade" the gaffer :D

corradoboy 13 February 2004 08:01 AM

If we got all twenty squillion members of Scoobynet to email Europarts or German &Swedish I bet they'd start stocking our stuff. They've both been saving VW/Audi/BMW/SAAB/Volvo/Merc drivers massive fortunes for years. I'm certain if there was a proven demand that a business plan would rapidly be put in place.

Examples:-
Corrado distributor dealer £195+vat, G&S £59.95+vat
Oil filter dealer £12.65+vat, G&S £2.95+vat
Front springs dealer £59.95+vat, G&S £13.90+vat

If only, eh guys :(

Dark Blue Mark 13 February 2004 09:26 AM

I feel a small business venture coming on ;)

MB

Dark Blue Mark 13 February 2004 10:40 AM

Please keep votes coming!

MB

mutant_matt 13 February 2004 11:28 AM

Isn't the MY99-00 MAF the same part as used on many VAG cars anyway?

Matt :)

simb 2 13 February 2004 05:41 PM

It gets my vote.

simb

torment 13 February 2004 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by simb 2
It gets my vote.

simb

EXCELLENT IDEA......Kev.

Fatman 13 February 2004 08:27 PM

Don't Mazdas use them, too?