ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   looking to buy a jap import (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/301319-looking-to-buy-a-jap-import.html)

Nick_o_Teen 11 February 2004 04:20 PM

looking to buy a jap import

Hi folks, getting rid of my uk turbo,going to buy a jap import,any one recommend any of these .Japanese Vehicle Sourcing (JVS) in Loanhead Midlothian.
Calder motor co west Lothian.
MacKay trading co Edinburgh.
Any advice welcome.

Pyrocam999 11 February 2004 04:27 PM

:D :D A Big thumbs up for the Guys at JVS :D :D

Regulars on here, just have a look around. You'll see a lot of posts praising thier knowledge and expertise

Johnny50 11 February 2004 04:29 PM

Out of those 3, definately JVS.

Give Andy a shout.

I was down there last week and there were a few nice ones. :)

coulty 11 February 2004 05:55 PM

JVS rule!!!!!!! I bought mine there. Cant speak highly enough for Andy and Pete. They have just moved to an even bigger place and they can source brill cars at good prices.
Stuart

Oh btw wouldnt go near calder....they charge too much for crappy cars too

Scooby Dooby Blue 11 February 2004 08:00 PM

Before you go paying more than you have to, drop teknopete an e-mail ;)

teknopete@scoobymods.co.uk

richie,7,RA,spec C 11 February 2004 08:30 PM

yep m8 gotto avit
but once u buy
u want turn back
best thing i ever did
but please make sure they'r a tidy place don't want 2 get tucked m8
richie

moses 11 February 2004 08:54 PM

def deal with andy at jvs mate he looks after u good, my mate also got an evo from him too and the back up is cool

Damo STi 11 February 2004 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by moses
def deal with andy at jvs mate he looks after u good, my mate also got an evo from him too and the back up is cool

and not long ago i sold my tri-z 250 racing trike to a guy that had got a Skyliner from JVS he said he would only deal with them again top class they were to him, ill be going there soon mate.

cheers Damian

JohnnyR6 11 February 2004 09:35 PM

i would say jvs, i would defo buy a car from them.

Nick_o_Teen 11 February 2004 10:21 PM

Cheers guys, JVS it is.

my94 12 February 2004 12:50 AM

I bought from Mackay Trading,no problems with the car(STi 1).I wouldn't trust them for servicing etc................but they sell good quality cars........so check them out.I suggest that you take a look and see if they've anything that catches your eye.
I would personally avoid Calders as there are a few stories floating about that aren't too flattering.JVS seem to get a good rep......so check out JVS and Mackays.
Best of luck.

moses 12 February 2004 01:20 AM

nick u wont be disappointed mate :)

andy doesnt feck about he gets stuff done

pmacFTO 12 February 2004 11:43 PM

andy is just about to leave for Japan so he could get one to order :)

bazil2582 14 February 2004 02:28 PM

JVS all the way!!

alright mate,

i bought my RX7 from JVS, they are def the best importers around. i searched high and low for a good RX at the time and went round various places, Calder, McKays etc etc.

give Andy/Pete a call at JVS, you wont be disappointed. if you want Andy's email address gimme a shout.

i will be taking a trek over soon so chat about getting me something a bit quicker :)