ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Somewhere half way between Gillingham and West London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/300904-somewhere-half-way-between-gillingham-and-west-london.html)

akshay67 10 February 2004 11:31 AM

Somewhere half way between Gillingham and West London

Trying to arrange a date but can't think what would be a convenient mid-way, easy-to-get-to by car place.

Any ideas?

PS - will prob be saturday during day so need to bear traffic in mind...

Dracoro 10 February 2004 11:37 AM

Sevenoaks, Reigate (basically, somewhere on the southern stretch of the M25).

DJ Dunk 10 February 2004 11:47 AM

Halfway is Gravesend . . . not a good idea ;)

I'd say Maidstone, Sevenoaks or Tunbridge Wells, although TW is a little out of your way.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 10 February 2004 12:14 PM

Gillingham is 30 mins by car from the Blackwall Tunnel, so how about the Isle of Dogs/Canary Wharf? Maybe Wapping or the City such as Shoreditch.

Need to tell us what sort of date it is as well, what you're looking to find like restaurant/pub/club/park etc, 'cos otherwise Bluewater might be a good meeting place ;)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 10 February 2004 12:16 PM

James

1/2 way between West London & Gillingham is NOT Gravesend!!!

Its probably about Charlton/Kidbrooke/Shooters Hill

akshay67 10 February 2004 12:53 PM

It's a date with a girl.

I didn't want to travel more than half way as it'll be a mission on a Saturday.

Apparently Bluewater is 20 mins from Gillingham and an hour (at least) from West London (Ealing) - so not really half way!

But if there is nothing on offer anywhere else, then I'll have to settle for Bluewater. I've heard the traffic is notorious and could take over 1.5 hour getting back?

marky1 10 February 2004 03:06 PM

Bluewater for a date? why would you go to a shopping centre for a date, we in america these days or something?:)

SlowBoy 13 February 2004 10:32 PM

Maybe our guy's an aspiring mall rat :) Who loves the way Saturday shoppers park their cars :)

Just tell her you'll meet her in Kent...the next time there's a scooby meet in her area :D

zoog 14 February 2004 12:27 AM

Blackheath is the perfect answer -classy London "village" with a buzz, upmarket restaurants and nearby hotel to retire to if she's up for it.

S.B. 14 February 2004 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
Halfway is Gravesend . . . ;)

What map you using :p

S.B. 14 February 2004 08:33 AM

What about clacket lane services :)

zoog 14 February 2004 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by S.B.
What about clacket lane services :)

ha - used them myself for a quickie with a bird from work pon way back from business trip. The Travel Inn is just SO romantic ;).

hades 14 February 2004 12:44 PM

Nearly as romantic as the "hungy horse" in shooters hill, which probably is quite close to half way. ;) Been there once with a female friend who lived that way for a while.

Serious suggestion - there are some quite decent bits around Greenwich - ranging from the "Cutty Sark" (Pub and boat), various OK eateries, the park, and the option for moonlit strolls along the beauty (??) of the Thames-side walk.

tiggers 14 February 2004 12:54 PM

Give Gravesend a go - if she's still interested after that you may as well marry her as she'll never leave you. :D

tiggers.