ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   headlamp bulbs ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/300491-headlamp-bulbs.html)

jono400 08 February 2004 11:35 PM

headlamp bulbs ??

Seeing as I now need a new headlamp bulb, am thinking about going for something a little bit above standard, are there anything worth buying in the blue / white light syle ?? have read some reviews before with most off these so called " HID type " look bulbs offering even less output than a standard bulb !!

any recommendations for any bulb offering at least a noticable blue tint to them ?? have seen a few on e-bay offering big claims at what seem like good prices !! but thought I would ask here first !! best place on line to buy ??

cheers,
john...

corradoboy 09 February 2004 10:59 AM

I'd only recommend Philips and Osram. Most others have false claims about light output and poor longevity. Have a look here

richiewong 09 February 2004 11:01 AM

I heard a lot of people recommend Phillips Blue Vision Bulbs.
Personally I use PIAA bulbs, cost a bit but they are quality :cool:

alcazar 09 February 2004 01:58 PM

Stick to Philips Vision Plus, or GE Megalights if you want to see better.

Any blue bulb if you want to pose:D:

Alcazar

Mark Miwurdz 10 February 2004 01:21 PM

Just fitted Osram Silver Stars to my BM and they made no difference at all (time to do Tim's voltage drop test, I think)

Hella are about to launch a range called Super Novas - 50% brighter & £25 a pair - no info on their website at present.

Cheers
Kav

alcazar 10 February 2004 02:07 PM

"Super Novas"??????

What about those of us who don't drive Novas?

Alcazar:D:

Mark Miwurdz 10 February 2004 04:09 PM

:p

ajscoo 10 February 2004 08:06 PM

Hi,
I had to replace my headlight bulb today but couldn't get hold of Philips vision plus or Osram silvers that I wanted to fit so ended up buying some Bosch 80/100w to try and to be honest they seem great compared to the standard bulbs I replaced. All the roadsigns were well illuminated and had me thinking that my beam was too high at first!!
Will see how I get on with them as I'm very happy with first impressions but would be interested to know if anybody has a comparison with the ones I did want to get?
BTW I paid £13 for the pair
Cheers..Andrew

messiah 10 February 2004 08:18 PM

I've got the philips blue vision plus installed- - they're a lot better than the OEM bulbs but aparently not a patch on the silver stars bulbs.

They're not very blue either IMHO.

Probably going for the PIAA's for next winter.

Chris Clayton 10 February 2004 08:51 PM

I've had PIAA bulbs and Philips and they don't offer that much difference to be honest in terms of "extra visibility" than the Halfords blue bulbs which are a lot cheaper. The PIAA bulbs lasted about 18 months and I wasnt prepared to spend another £50+ on them again. The Philips bulbs are a reasonable buy from Powerbulbs.com if they have an offer on with vision sidelights as the standard sidelights do look dull next to the blue headlights.

Chris